Need help planning a trip!!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time using this site, so bear with me. I am in charge of planning a trip for a group of 23 yr olds.... we are looking for a place where the beaches are gorgeous, we can go to bars and restuarants, warm, young crowd, fun activities like snorkeling and stuff. We of course are looking for a place not too ridiculuosly expensive so we don't go broke!!! We would be going mid March for about a week... there are too many places to choose from, any help would be appreciated. THANKS, and let me know if I need to give more info. I also posted this on the Caribbean forum.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 09:31 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta are all good destinations in Mexico that fit what you week.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Those are good places, the only thing that worries me about that is since I will be going around spring break, we don't want to get caught with a bunch of 18 yr olds going wild for spring break.... we are all mid 20's and kinda over the crazy college spring breakers... any thoughts?
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 12:53 PM

As far as location, can't comment specifically, but if you have a group, do look into rentals of condos, homes, etc. It's amazing what is available, for usually less than a few hotel rooms, and you can have food and drink in-house comfortably and avoid so many "group behavior" decisions, like where to go every time a tummy grumbles. Very relaxing, spacious and cost sensitive to differing budgets.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

thanks, that is a great idea!
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 10:23 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You can mitigate the age & party factor by the kind of hotel or resort you choose. I go to Puerto Vallarta most winters, and staying in a nice normal Mexican local style hotel in the Old Town, & have never run into a spring break type crowd.

Same for Playa del Carmen. Maybe pass on Cancun.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 02:27 PM

Dont go to Mexico, it is forever a vaction for springbreakers. Go to costa rica as it is a beautiful and safe location for guys and girls. It has all the amenities and great nightlife. The best beaches are in Manuel Antonio and there are also alot of dining choices and awesome nightlife. Their are direct flights from many major cities (esp in Texas) and there are no problems with safty.