Search

Things to do in Acapulco

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things to do in Acapulco

Going with 4 other couples in 40's and 50's in February. Staying in a villa in Las Playas. Suggestions on things to do besides the diver and beaches. Not really into the historical aspects. There for the fun and comaraderie. Maybe a catamaran trip or something of that nature. Restaurant suggestions would be appreciated also.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 02:06 PM

First of all you want to take the City Tour because you see a bit of everything.
Since 4 of you are going , then rent a private guide..do not bother with a tour bus.
Then you can take a tour to Taxco, the Silver Capital of the world.
If 4 of you split the fare , you can leave early in the morning and have a guide take you to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo.
Next..
Ask this private guide (like I did) to take you all over Acapulco, where tourist do not go..it means show me the real Acapulco...
I did this and I had a delightful eye opening trip for 3 hours.
Cost of this trip.!!! he charged me $20.00, but I gave him $50.00 and felt it should have been more.
What you can do is go to the tour Kiosk at the Costa Club and ask for the tour guide Celso.
He will look after you very well.

Tell him Percy from Canada said to ask for you.
I just sent him an e mail last night, we e mail each other about 5-6 times a year.
Hope this helps a little
Percy

Old Jan 15th, 2004, 05:52 PM

Dinner suggestions, eh?

How about the Belgique Gourmand place, over near the Diana -- it's a great place when you're feeling like a change from Mexican fare.

The owner is Belgian and he keeps it real. I loved ordering the big pot of steamed mussels, cooked in wine and covered in onions. They do serve a real Belgian beer (though sadly, only Affligem's single due to tight strength laws in Mexico).

Hope it helps!
Mark
www.tiogringo.com
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 09:28 AM

Percy; Please let me know how I can reach your private guide? My wife and I will be in acapulco Feb 1--8. Will there be enough room for 5 adults? Thanks Barry
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 02:49 PM

Okay Celso is at The hotel called The Costa Club.... it is right in the middle of the hotel zone.
Just go to the tour desk and ask for him.
However ,I am sure he willnot mind me giving you his e mail address as this is business so
e-mail him at [email protected]
Tell him to anser you as soon as possible because you will be in Acapulco on February 1st and you want a private guide.
If he is around ask him to get:
Jose Aguirre for you
His home phone is 484-82-23 local number.
Cell phone is 044-744 407-38-29
Hope all this works out for you.
If you see Celso say Hi to him from me
( Dr.Percy Doonanco ,Edmonton Alberta!)
Thanls
Percy