Reload this Page >

Tell me BEST DAY TRIP from Mazatlan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 06:35 AM
Lauren

Going to Mazatlan with 3 friends in April '99. Does anyone know of the best place to go for just a day trip from there? Also would like to know other must see or do in Mazatlan. thx for the help!

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 12:43 AM
BobbyB

Probably the most popular day trip is to the small colonial pueblo of Concordia and Copola. They are in the foothills off the highway to Durango. I am not a fan of Mazatlan but if you must go there than perhaps you would enjoy this trip. The countryside around Mazatlan is pretty ugly and barren. I would take the tour rather than drive it myself.

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 04:19 PM
Lauren

Bobby, I own a timeshare and can stay at a 5 star resort, in a condo, on a nice beach for only $99 for the entire week...I took what I could get. I'm sure I'll probably agree with you but I plan on pretty much enjoying the resort. As far as the day trip goes...thanks for the tip. How far is it to get to Concordia and Copola? <BR>

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 10:31 PM
BobbyB

We are timeshare owners also and have stayed in t/s resorts in Mazatlan. We visit Mazatlan because we have a lot of family that lives in the area. I used to live not far from there. Which t/s resort are you staying at? <BR> <BR>There are some people that like Mazatlan so don't let my opinion sour you on it before you go. I would guess that is is about 50 miles to Concordia and then another 10-15 more to Copola. The tour bus stopped at various locations along the way so it is a little difficult estimating exactly how far it was. I strongly suggest taking the tour rather than driving it yourself. It is an all day tour.

Old Apr 13th, 1999, 07:36 AM
Lauren

BobbyB- We're staying at The Pueblo Bonito Resort in the Golden Zone...is it an okay place? I only stay at the resorts rated 5 star or Gold Crown. Let me know if you know about this resort. Thx...any restaurants you'd recommend? And do I have to worry about the water? I usually get sick while in Mexico or after i come home.... <BR>

Old Apr 14th, 1999, 11:41 PM
BobbyB

The Pueblo Bonito is a good resort and you should like it very much. <BR> <BR>Most of the resorts have their own water purification systems. You don't need to be paranoid about the water but do exercise some caution. The good restaurants will all use bottled water and the ice cubes are made from purified water. In fact in most places in Mexico now, it is illegal to not use purified water for ice cubes. <BR> <BR>We are not big on restaurants as most of the time we are with family and eat at their homes or we eat at the t/s. We pretty well avoid the tourist scene. There is one restaurant in particular that is a favorite of ours. It is the Panama Restaurant/Bakery. It is a small local chain with one restaurant in the Golden zone and another downtown. Their food is very good, and reasonable, They offer a very extensive menu with everything from traditional Mexican to Hamburgers, to Fettucini Alfredo which is my favorite. Casa Country is pretty good and is located in the Golden Zone.

Old Apr 15th, 1999, 06:06 AM
Lauren

Thanks, BobbyB for always replying back! Do you live in Mexico or nearby? I'm glad I don't have to worry too much about the water and Pueblo Bonito Resort...do we have to worry about rainy days during April..we're leaving April 25th? Is it very hot then or comfortable? Any special things we can great deals on in Mazatlan? <BR>

Old Apr 15th, 1999, 11:04 PM
BobbyB

We no longer live in Mexico. My wife is Mexican and comes from the Mazatlan area where most of her family still lives. We live in the San Diego area ( 15 years ) now and love it. Neither my wife nor I have any desire to live in today's Mexico. <BR> <BR>The weather should be perfect in April. Dry and warm. You should not have any rain. There are no deals that I know of. Maybe your resort will have some coupons or discounts. I do NOT recommend the Fiesta Mexicana at the Hotel Playa. Very over priced with mediocre entertainment and poor food.