Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

taking infant and two year old to playa conchal?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi,
i am in desperate need of reassurance. my husband and i are taking oue two children (4 months and 2 1/2) to playa conchal oct 28-nov.1). we are taking them because it is a free trip earned through work and because i am breastfeeding the youngest, etc. i am getting nervous about traveling there with the little ones. anyone have any advice? is the resort kid-friendly? i called there and they told me they have a kids club for infant through age 4 ..anyone used it? how about babysitting? is that safe? can you tell i am a nervous wreck? i wasn't until today for some reason. anyway, any information would be wonderful!
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 08:14 AM

Well , if you are nervous about the kids club and babysitting .... simply do not use it . You entertain the children at home , you can do it here , so take that off your list of worries ! Besides , when you get there you can get a feel for it and see if you are comfortable . Travelling with a nursing baby is so easy , no bottle lugging , snack always on hand ! Take a couple of backpacks as carry on / beachbags , a couple of sand toys , and off you go . Does the baby use a snugli , cheap umbrella stroller for the 2.5 yr. old ? I have done it and had no troubles , actually the first time to the tropics they were 6 months and 2 3/4 yrs. You take a little zip-lock with a portable pharmacy ...... You CAN do it !!!
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 03:33 PM

Didn't stay there but did a site inspection (hotels are my business) and even after working in all-inclusives for as many years as I have, this is one place I would take my family to.
In general, throughout Central American you will find that the kids will be the center of attention. Especially your 2-1/2 year old. Usually the better hotels have experienced maids that earn extra cash by babysitting in the evenings.
I have no doubt you will have a great time there.
Cheers,
Andrew
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much both of you. that makes me feel sooo much better.
another question..car seats? will we be able to use them?
thanks
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 03:56 PM

You won't find many kid's seats in CR, certainly minibuses and taxi's won't have them. If you are taking them with you you will even have a hard time finding seatbelts in the back seat of taxis. Most reputable minibus companies should have seatbelts - I am pretty sure I saw them on the Interbus shuttles I took.
If renting a car then they are all new vehicles with the full complement of seat belts.

Hope that helps,
Andrew