steak restaurants in Buenos Aires?

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 12:12 PM
lee

steak restaurants in Buenos Aires?

does anyone know of any good steak restaurants in Buenos Aires? thanks in advance.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 05:38 AM
maria

Lee,

See below a previous post by Chuck on this topic.

Las Lilas is the best steak house in BA. While the Argentine equivalent of the NY strip is good, the filet is the best (Bife de lomo). Again with salads, a nice bottle of wine, steaks, sides and dessert and coffee , wou'll probably spend about 20 US per person. Danzon is another favorite of mine. Ecclectic, sushi place in Recolleta. Maria Fulo has some great Brazilian dishes. For the more casual side, Romarios Pizza is great. Don't forget most places don't open til 8 or 8:30 for dinner and if you are there before 9 you will probably jusyt about have the place to your self.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Angie

Lee, I would recommend Cabaña Las Lilas which is in Puerto Madero. The exact address is Av. Alicia Moreau de Justo 516. Tel.: (54-11) 4313-1336 e-mail: [email protected]
You can check the Menu at www.laslilas.com.ar

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 07:18 AM
snarla

I had a great meal at Cafe Dora..right off Calle Florida near the Marriot. The beef and wine were superb.

Have Fun!

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 09:08 AM
info

Lee,

Although Cabaña Las Lilas is an excellent choice (even Clinton went there when visiting Argentina), bear in mind that "parrillas" (steak houses) are very common in Buenos Aires. You will find them everywhere.

Another excellent choices are Los Mirasoles and Happening.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 09:32 AM
ebrener

Also try Los Años Locos in La Costanera, or one of the several in the Recoleta. I don{t remember the name, but there is one a few meters down from Vicente Lopez street where waiters wear River Plate shirts. I had a very good steak there!

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 05:55 AM
maria

The steak house you mention is "el parrillon de la Recoleta", very popular with the locals.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 11:36 AM
ellen

We had a great meal at Las Nazarennas steak house across the Sheraton. The menus are very instructive, they come with a "cow map", so you know exactly what you are eating. It was fun.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 12:49 PM
daniel

Lee,

I live here and tried many. The best I found are Los Mirasoles (on Boedo street) and La Brigada (on Estados Unidos st). Also, you can check Buenos Aires restaurant reviews (in Spanish) at www.elgourmet.com and www.vidalbuzzi.com.ar

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Roy

WE are just back from BA.
Cabana las Lilas was very, very good. It is described as expensive, but for Americans it is very reasonable!! And they have wonderful dry martinis!!
We ate in La Brigada, too, but much preferred las Lilas. It was the only restaurant we ate in which was very busy -- if that means anything.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 09:14 AM
ttt

topping for Fred

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 11:52 AM
ttt

topping for heather

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 12:04 PM
liz

We also love Las Lilas in Puerto Madera. Ironically, it is owned and operated by Brazilians...you can also have a caipirinha there! There are many good places in Puerto Madera that serve steak...we also like Katherine. I also like Los Nazarenes across from the Sheraton, it is less up market but very convenient. But for sure go to Las Lilas and preferably at lunchtime to enjoy the view.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 01:17 PM
d

I thought the food at Signa da Vaca (just a few blocks from Las Lilas) was as good as any, including Las Lilas. Not as elegant but very cheap (15-19 pesos/4-5 USD for salad bar, 1 liter of soda or beer or 1 bottle of wine, assortment of meats from the BBQ and dessert) and fantastic taste