Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Spend 2 nights at Peace Lodge (La Paz) & 1 at Tabacon, or 2 at Tabacon & 1 night at Peace Lodge?

Search

Spend 2 nights at Peace Lodge (La Paz) & 1 at Tabacon, or 2 at Tabacon & 1 night at Peace Lodge?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be going in August and our flight arrives into San Jose around 2:00pm. We'll spend that first night at Peace Lodge and then have reservations at Tabacon for the next 2 nights. After seeing the beautiful rooms online for Peace Lodge I'm wondering if we should cancel one night at Tabacon & add on one more night at Peace Lodge????
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 03:16 PM

Are you going to Costa Rica for the hotel rooms or for the sights? If just for the hotel rooms, then you could probably find a luxury hotel close to where you live and save the airfare and travel time.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 03:23 PM

Now Now rufus...you behave!!!!!

I also have seen pictures of the Peace Lodge..very nice and it is new.
Driving from Tabacon to the Peace Lodge is not that far.
There are things to see and do in both areas, it is a matter of what you want to do and see.
Percy
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 01:15 PM

I agree that Peace Lodge looks awesome. We're going to CR to see the country, but I have to admit we're staying an extra night in La Paz just because of the hotel. There are a lot of things to see and do in the area, so it's not like we'll be hibernating in the room the whole time.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 08:43 PM

Ordinarily I would agree with Rufus but, nothing wrong with hibernating with a volcano to look at occassionally (not your usual view). Poas was right across from us. Because of the clouds we didn't get to see much of it but the room was really special.
My husband and I enjoyed two nights there. Our first day there we walked down and looked at the hummingbirds then headed back up to our room to try out the jacuzzi. Went down to dinner, came back and tried the other jacuzzi.
Next day got up, hiked down to see the waterfalls, checked out the hummingbirds again, and by lunch the clouds had moved in so we headed back to the jacuzzi. Then for some excitement we sat in front of the fireplace. One last dip in the jacuzzi and we went down for dinner.
If we had just gone down the mountain a little ways there would have been sunshine but these were our last two days together after 16 days down there and my husband leaving the country the next day just wanted a couple of days to relax before getting back to the grind. The fireplace, clouds and jacuzzis were a pretty nice combiniation .
Tabacon doesn't sound like the best place to stay but it doesn't sound like the worst either. The hot springs are wonderful to sit in and there are lots of things to do. I really enjoyed hiking on the old lava flow and the hanging bridges are beautiful. Cano Negro for a full day trip is nice.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 09:35 PM

Suzie2,
That's exactly how we feel too. We'll be spending our last three nights of our 18 night trip to CR at Peace Lodge. Basically, just to chill out and relax before getting back to the grind!
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 02:21 AM

Heh, heh. Oh, I can be so naughty.