Search

Snorkeling

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snorkeling

Where is the best places to snorkel in Mexico? Or really anywhere in the world that is at a reasonable price...
Old Apr 8th, 2015, 11:16 PM

You don't say what you consider a reasonable price to be - that would help. The best snorkeling we've found (repeat visits to Mexico's Yucatan, Belize, and Honduras) is off Glover's Atoll in Belize and Guanaja in Honduras. For good shore snorkeling and great value/options for low budget, Roatan off Honduras is tough to beat and the northern cayes of Belize offer some nice options.
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for responding! For the reasonable price part I should have been more specific. I was thinking of the price you can go to Cozumel as reasonable. But we were wanting to go somewhere else instead of Cozumel. However, we have decided to go back to Cozumel this summer and explore more than we did last year. I think we are going to go to Play Del Carmen and explore that area for a day as well. But we always have next summers trip to still plan out so keep the tips coming!!!!
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 01:42 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
For Mexico, Cozumel (oops you already know about that) or at least the Caribbean side. Have you checked Tulum and Akumal?

There's not much good snorkeling over on the Pacific coast side (like Puerto Vallarta).
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 01:57 PM

Tulum is usually too wavy for good snorkeling and Akumal is getting overrun with hordes of tour groups unless you get there before 10am, this next trip may be my last visit to main Akumal Bay. Try Puerto Morelos, costs $25pp for a 2-3 hour snorkel trip there via small boat, coral is in much better shape since it is a marine preserve.