Search

Smaller hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:24 AM
spts1000

Smaller hotels

I am looking for small hotels on the coast of Mexico for a one year anniversary. please let me know what you think.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:30 PM
Karen

Take a look at this one on Isla Mujeres. We just got back from there and really enjoyed it, only 20 rooms, all ocean front. The food was gourmet and the rooms super. Let me know if you have any questions.<BR><BR>http://www.villarolandi.com/<BR><BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:31 PM
Karen

It just occurred to me that there is another small hotel, 36 rooms, on the Mayan coast, that is spoken highly of that you might consider if you are going off season. It is quite expensive and isn't all inclusive. You can do a search with the hotel name and there are some comments from people that have stayed there. It looks absolutely fantastic. We didn't consider it because...of all things...they don't have satellite TV and at night we like to watch TV.<BR><BR>http://www.maroma-mexico.com/hotel.htm<BR><BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:36 PM
Christine

We're staying at Shangri-La in February. It is small and sounded perfect for us (no phones - no TV!).<BR>There are alot of small resorts in this area - all depends on what you are looking for.<BR>You could start looking here <BR><BR>http://www.areatravelinc.com/mexico/playadelcarmen/<BR>but there are tons of sites to check for hotels. Royal Hideaway sounds fantastic but expensive.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:17 AM
K

We recently stayed at Majahuitas, an all inclusive just south of PV which is very small (only six casitas -- little houses). It is like having a private island to yourself. It is only accessible by boat. We went during Christmas-time and it was pricey, but prices go down in the off season. It is an especially great value in the summer. All of the meals are totally gourmet and they have three chefs on site - all for just six casitas! The service was superb - perfect for an anniversary because it is so secluded and you are totally pampered - the staff is at your beck and call. We also stayed in the marina area of Puerto Vallarta at the Quinta Real. The Quinta Real was also a small hotel with beautiful grounds and we had a plunge pool outside of our room on the balcony that was so warm, it was like a bath. The hotel is included in the Small Luxury Hotels of the World. It is a really beautiful place. The beach club there is on a great strip of beach that is not crowded. I found them both on differentworld.com. Pictures of Maroma (also looks heavenly), which was mentioned by Karen, is also on that website.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Karen

Beachgirl, thanks for the heads up on those places on the Pacific coast. I've added them to my bookmarks for a trip there.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 03:37 PM
wish

La Casa Que Canta in Zihuatanejo, Mexico. Small, private, decadent. I was married there, honeymooned there, and can't wait to go back! Get a private pool suite for the ultimate trip -- you won't need to leave the room (although you've got to try the infinity pool and saltwater pool.)<BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Peggy

Add El Careyes and Tamarindo north of Manzanillo to your list. We've been to both, Tamarindo for beachfront accomodations is as close to a South Pacific ambience I have seen outside of actually going there. Of course Pacific coast water is not as pretty as the Carib but the setting &amp; romantic villas with huge plunge pool are superb. Both are secluded &amp; very private, though we also enjoyed discovering the small Mexican towns along that stretch of coast.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 05:38 PM
thereuare

We just honeymooned at Ceiba del Mar and it was AMAZING!! Highly recommended for a romantic getaway. You can do a search on this board for my extensive review, feel free to post any add'l questions you may have.<BR><BR>For a large selection of these type of &quot;boutique&quot; resourts, check out www.differentworld.com

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Greg May

You might want to check into a new resort called Ikal Del Mar. It opened last January. This is where I am going for my honeymoon. It is quiet, quaint, by the ocean, gourmet food, Spa, and air conditioned. If you go, tell me how it went.