**** SKY TREK vs. CANOPY SAFARI ****

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sky Trek was recommended to me by friend that lives in CR to take when in Arenal area. We are not going to Monteverde where their main operation is. We have many activities planned and to do all, must take out canopy tour. When in Quepos we have time and may take zip tour with Canopy Safari. Is one better than other that we should try sqyeezing for Sky Trek???? Never took a zip line before. Aren't they all about the same?
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 12:53 PM

I took the SkyWalk/SkyTrek canopy tour in Arenal and loved it. They have a braking system that is in the handles. It is much easier to stay straight. The view of the volcano and Lake Arenal is great. I highly recommend this canopy tour.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 06:08 PM

We would like to do the SkyTrek in Arenal. We will not have a car. We will be visting in the middle of April. Do you need reservations? Is it far from Arenal Parisio.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

Stillriver-- We will be in Arenal/La Fortuna area late April and have sent two e-mails to Sky Trek with numerous calls and fax to no avail for a reply to my e-mail. If they do answer my questions I can get it into my planning of activities, which I am working on right now and make a reservation for Canopy tour and Hanging Bridges tour. Other comppanies I have contacted have replied promptly which tells me they are an efficient business. Do you have any connection to getting them to reply to my e-mails???? That'd be great! Anyone else experience this with Sky Trek?
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 06:38 AM

I have emailed them also and gotten no response. From what I can gather on the website (and reading from other tour groups) you pay the $60 to get in and then have access to the sky walk, skytrek and skytram. I'm not sure that you have to have set timed appts. I asked a question about this a few weeks back and the only response I got was from someone who told me the times for Monteverde. There I think the canopy tour is separate and you have to have certain times.

I could be way off so I'd love input from someone who has gone.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 06:52 AM

We did not have reservations for the Arenal SkyTrek. Just showed up and it was no problem. You could get a taxi from Arenal Parisio. It took us about 15 minutes to drive there. The price is $60, which includes the SkyTram which takes you to the first zipline. There are two shorter zip lines to practice on. If you do not want to continue on the longer lines you can take the tram back down. The guides were great. They take a couple of pictures of you on the zip lines, which you can purchase afterwards.
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 03:10 PM

Finally received an email from arenal.net concerning my inquiry about Sky Trek/Sky Tram. They have offered transportation from Arenal Parisio at $8 a person each way. For us that would be $48 in total (seems kind of high) I dont feel comfortable relying on arenal.net and would rather not be tied down to a specific time as it seems like reservations are not necessary. Does anyone have an idea as to how much a taxi would be?
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 06:59 AM

I would not use arenal.net. I believe they are a scam, and others on this forum have said so as well. For example, they rarely answered my emails, and when they did they told me a hotel I wanted was booked (Arenal Paraiso) but when I contacted AP directly they were still open. You can contact the tour company directly with better luck.