Search

Single's Fun

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 06:03 AM
Fun Seeker

Single's Fun

I'm going to be in rio from the 21st to the 25th of dec with one of my friends. We are both young, single and like to go out. What are some good places to go out at night and some day time activities we should not miss. Also could somebody tell me what happens in rio over christmas eve.

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 08:47 PM
Surlok

Are you a male, or a female, or one is a male, and the friend a female or vice versa? What are you up, bars, discos, jazz clubs, modern Brazilian music?? Are you a sports fan, how about hang gliding? Or skin diving?? Or hiking?<BR><BR>Christmas Eve is mostly a familiar celebration, I fear it won't be much public partying... other than the Catholic masses.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>S

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 06:32 AM
Evelyn

Hello!<BR>My name is Evelyn, 26 year's old and I am a frequently Brazil traveller!<BR>If you want to have more informations about good clubs in Rio, security, good restaurants, transportation and so on, please write me to my E Mail!<BR>Greetings<BR>Evelyn

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 04:23 PM
Fun Seeker

I'm the one who asked the question. To clarify matters, we are both males in our 20's and like to go out late, meet women, spend time on the beach.

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 06:24 PM
Surlok

Well, Funseeker, to each his own. This is precisely why I had to ask..<BR><BR>Young people go to Ipanema Beach mostly, in front of Garcia D 'Avila, or Ceasar Park hotel, and also to Leblon Beach, but Ipanema has usually a less polluted water than has Leblon.<BR><BR>Good and informal places to hang out at night are Baixo Gavea, where there are many bars, and people drink mostly chopp (draft beer). There's also Caneco 70, at Leblon, Av. Delfim Moreira at the corner of Rua Rainha Guilhermina, and some other places in Ipanema where you can have lots of fun.<BR><BR>There are two discos I could recommend: Meli Melo, at Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas, and Bardot, at Rua Dias Ferreira. For these two, you'd have to wear at least a collar shirt ( well, maybe a nice polo shirt) and leather shoes. Sneakers won't do it.<BR><BR>Also, if you like the "scort" type of girl (I'm meaning that you'll have to pay for company), you can go to Help, at Av. Atlantica, in Copacabana. Copacabana Beach has many of these girls also, if you're up to paid company.<BR><BR>For further info, have a look at:<BR><BR>http://www.ipanema.com<BR><BR>

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 12:57 AM
Dean

Hi there<BR><BR>I'm also in Rio during that time with a mate [James]. Drop us a line if you need some help with the meeting women part!!<BR><BR>Cheers<BR><BR>Dean