Search

Single Ladies in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single Ladies in Cancun

Hello-
My friend and I are planning a possible trip to Cancun in November. We are single ladies in our 40's; not looking to be too wild (way past that spring break mentality) but are looking for a fun time!! We went to Maui in Feb, and while it was beautiful, we didn't have anyone to even chat with except the bartenders and all the couples staying there!
We're planning to stay at the Hilton Cancun Beach. We're having a hard time figuring out where the single men vacation; are we getting warm in Cancun?

Thanks!
BeachVal
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 02:15 PM

I think Cancun its a nice option, you will find a mixture of american, mexican and european people, either in couple or singles, besides most of the people are very friendly.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 03:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't know if there's a bunch of single men there(!) but a trip down to Playa Del Carmen might be fun sometime during your stay.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 10:41 AM
toucan

As a single guy in his early forties, I can give you my view point. I do not tend to go to Cancun or Playa without a date (as a couple). Most guy singles in Cancun tend to be in their early twenties and are the hard drinking/partying types. Playa is a lot bettor, but still mostly couples. I would suggest Cozumel because a lot of guys will go there on dive trips with their buddies and my experience is that there are never enough women around in ratio. Another place that I would recommend for quality single women such as yourselves is Cabo. Again, for basically the same reasons, us guys go on "serious" fishing or golf trips to Cabo and don't take dates. Then when we get there the place is so romantic and NO SINGLE WOMEN.

Old Jul 30th, 2004, 01:55 PM

Listen to Toucan. He is right on. I'm in my 30's and the last time I went to Cancun (several years ago) it was all couples. I find that to be the case for most resort areas unless you are young and on spring break. Like he said, Cozumel might be a better option because of the diving activity.
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks toucan and Dori-
I believe you have just steered me away from Cancun!!

Cabo is somewhere I've wanted to go, so we will definately think about that.

Cheers!
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 10:08 AM

I know I'm a little late but, the Cancun Hilton is definitely NOT the scene for swinging singles of any sex. It's mainly a couple and family hotel and its far from the action of Cancun (meaning its not within walking distance of anything and at least a 10-15 minute ride to the center of the hotel zone). We were there in early July and didn't encounter any single people, just couples and families with small kids.
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 09:12 PM

Hola señoritas i think maybe i can help i live in cancun and it is beautifull on my day off work or on some free time we should hang out and have some fun im young mexican and im sure you ladies will love to be with me..