Shopping trips in Guanacaste

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some people traveling with me that would like to visit interesting places for shopping in the Guanacaste area. Someone had sugested Playa Coco. Any other suggestions. Thanks.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 06:30 PM

Playa Coco is not that great for shopping although there are about two- three blocks of shop in this quaint little beach town.

There are no side walks so you will be walking along the road.

The main city in Guanacaste is Liberia and this town itself is not bad to shop around and sight see also.

Also not far from Liberia( maybe 10 miles) on the way to the turn off ofr Coco Beach you will see a LARGE souvenir shopping place .

It is on your left hand side as you head down Highway # 21..you cannot miss it.

There is everything in this place you would want to see and maybe buy.

Percy
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 04:24 AM

Tamarindo is another suggestion for souvenuers & pottery. No big duty-free shops though if thats what you are looking for.
Lisa S
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

I appreciate the responses. I have few people I am going with that are not going to be up to doing anything to difficult. I was looking for interesting places to send them out of the resort. Long drives are out of the question, as are hikes, etc. They really aren't even looking to buy much, just want an interesting town to walk around, and go in and out of some shops and restaurants. I'm getting them a driver to take them around.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 08:10 AM

Although it was not one of my favorite towns because it didn't truly represent CR, Tamarindo would probably be the best place for them to go. Flat streets that offer shops on both sides and little places to eat. I don't think you can go wrong there, except that it is about an hour from Liberia.
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 04:51 AM

Where exactly are you staying in the Guancaste area? That might help with suggestions, since they don't want to travel too far.

We enjoyed the little Playa Coco area. Just a few street vendors and shops, along with a few restaurants and a supermarket. I am not a big shopper so meandering through is good for me with a few stops at an outdoor bar for an Imperial and people watching.
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

That is exactly what they want. just get a feel of the local areas. we will be in Playa Conchal. We are taking them to palo Verde and was thinking of the pottery village or tamarindo.