Sheraton or Melia San Lucas??

Jul 6th, 2001, 04:51 PM
jan

Sheraton or Melia San Lucas??

Need new info on whether to stay close to town at the Melia, or to go out more to the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar? 20th Anniversary celebration--can't decide??!!?

Jul 7th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Jill

I would choose the Sheraton. My husband stayed there and said it's a great deal, very nice pool and beautiful beach. I don't think your beach would be as good at Melia, and I personally think the Sheraton is in a much better, more secluded area. It's only a $6 cab ride to downtown, also, and I think you're better off NOT staying right downtown.

Jul 7th, 2001, 06:03 PM
traveller

I believe the Melia is still quite a ways from Downtown - at least a 10 - 15 minute walk. It has quite a nice beach area but I have heard the rooms are quite small. They have a lovely pool and relaxation area. We always liked to stay where we could easily walk to downtown if we wanted to. I am not sure where the Sheraton is - is it in Cabo San Lucas or San Jose? If in San Jose, I doubt that you could get a cab downtown for $6. It cost us that from the Bahia Condo (which is closer to downtown than the Melia) 2 years ago.

Jul 8th, 2001, 07:03 AM
jan

Thanks, need to hear from someone who personally stayed at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. It is 15 miles from town in the Corridor. I did get a report on the Melia San Lucas, now need to compare.

Jul 8th, 2001, 08:29 PM
Ed Spiers

Did the Sheraton buy an existing hotel? The distance you quote is in the Cabo Real area, and the only new hotel was called the Melia Los Cabos, not to be confused with the Melia Cabo Real close by. I have a condo at cabo real so I am confused with the Sheraton hotel.
In any event, if you want peace and quiet, stay in the corridor at the ?Sheraton?, If you want easy access to town, stay at the Melia at San Lucas. Both beaches are fine, however there is a strong rip tide in front of the hotels along the cabo real area.

Jul 9th, 2001, 06:36 AM
jan

Yes, they bought the Hacienda del Mar. Supposed to be next to the Fiesta Americana?? Nice pictures on their website, sheratonhaciendadelmar.com, but you never know in Mexico!! Thanks.

Jul 9th, 2001, 08:37 AM
traveller

Good point made about the rip tides in Cabo Real. If you want to swim, you should probably stay at the Melia.

Jul 15th, 2001, 07:37 AM
topper

to the top!

Jul 19th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Cathy

I stayed at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar over Spring Break this year (March). It was a beautiful hotel, and the rooms were very nice. The hotel has several pools (all of which are Infinity style overlooking hte ocean), great restaurants, and is convienent to downtown. I highly recommend this hotel as it is new, luxurious and elegant. Enjoyed the happy hours on the beach with a live Mexican band, could see the whales in the water from poolside, and the staff was friendly and helpful.