Selva Verde to Arenal - How?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please help. I'm stumped. Can anyone tell me where the nearest Interbus stop is to Selva Verde? I'm confused by the online schedule. Which bus goes to the Sirrapiqui area from San Jose? Then, how do I get from Selva Verde to Arenal...Interbus, public bus, taxi??? Thanks sooo much to anyone who can help.
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 03:06 PM

Interbus doesn't go to Selva Verde from SJO, you'll need to take their transfer which runs around $125 or a public bus.

You can take Interbus from Selva Verde to Arenal though. Select Sarapiqui Puerto Viejo as departure point and Arenal Fortuna as arrival point. Once you select which one you want (I believe they have 2 a day) and # of passengers, you will then select your hotels.
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Tully. I've read many of your past posts. You've been so helpful to so many people. Now it was my turn. Do you happen to know if the public bus will drop us at Selva Verde? Thanks, again!
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Tully (and/or others?)

I'd like to refine my question. My flight arrives at 12:47pm. Is it reasonable to head for Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui that afternoon? Do you know if I can get a public bus directly from SJO in Allejuela to Selva Verde? I'd prefer to skip taking a taxi into San Jose to the bus terminals. Also, where might I find an accurate schedule? From what I have read the info online is not reliable. Thanks.
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 08:16 PM

cactus, thank you, glad to be of a little help, unfortunately not sure about the buses, I took transfers in/out of SV. They have info on their site http://www.selvaverde.com/lang/en/directions.php with the times but I would double check with Holbrook (which books SV) and see if they can confirm. I would think the bus would be fine with dropping you off at SV, there isn't much between SV and town. Worse case, a taxi should be pretty cheap, maybe $7 tops.

Please do post back when you return, I wouldn't mind returning to SV and wouldn't mind taking the bus to forego that $$$ transfer fee. Good luck!
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Once again, thanks, Tully. I've always used transfers, private drivers, or interbus in the past. Not this time. I'm traveling with a friend who really has to watch her budget. Since posting last night I've learned that the public bus to Sarapiqui runs pretty often. That makes me rethink my aversion to taking a taxi to the bus terminal. We shouldn't have to wait very long. I'll let you know... in mid March.