Search

Sansa flight to Tamarindo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sansa flight to Tamarindo

Next March we will arrive into San Jose from Dallas on an American Airlines flight at 2:06 pm. Will we have any trouble making the 3:50 pm Sansa flight to Tamarindo? We will only have carry on bags, less than 25 lbs each.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 07:30 AM

Sansa is right next door to SJO so if you don't have any unforseen problems when you arrive you should have time. Times for getting through customs area very variable. There will be lots of taxis outside the airport that can run you over to the Sansa Terminal. I would go down to the street area for the taxi.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 08:20 AM

how far away are both airports? and do taxes also meet you all the time at Sansa airport on all flights?
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 10:17 AM

JeanC,

As you're carrying on your bags, then you won't have to wait for your luggage as will at least half of the other passengers on your AA flight --- therefore, you should get to the customs gate sooner and through fairly quickly.

I've flown on Sansa, out of Tamarindo into San Jose; if you're not already aware, Tamarindo is a REALLY, really small "airport" ... actually it's only a small open building by a landing strip. I'd imagine that anyone flying there would need to make arrangements ahead of time for a taxi to pick them up. Guessing your hotel could do that if needed.
Old Oct 17th, 2003, 08:05 AM

We flew from San Jose to Tamarindo and had no problems at all. It is only just an airstrip with an open building which we chuckeled at when we landed. There were taxi's waiting there already for anyone who needed a ride, but I would check with your hotel to make sure.We loved Tamarindo, Very relaxing and beautiful. We stayed at Hotel Pasatimpo just up the hill from the beach. Stop and have a drink there. The owner Ron is from Minnesota. Great people. He runs a sailing trip out of Flamingo which was great fun. Say hi from Sandy and Craig from Wisconsin if you stop. Have a great time!!!
Sandy