Sansa Airline weight limit question

Old Jan 29th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sansa Airline weight limit question

Forgive me I know this has been thoroughly hashed through before. I know the weight limit is 25 lbs per passenger. My question is - Does that include any carry on item such as a daypack or backpack?
Thanks
Donna
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 02:09 PM

that is for everything you want to take on the plane. You might get lucky and have fewer passengers than the plane holds, and then they won't weigh it, but in high season,they are usually booked. So don't count on it. but yes, that is your luggage, carry on, purse, cameras, even you soda if you plan to bring one, everything you have with you.
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 04:12 PM

They sometimes even weigh you. I have had to actually get on the scale with my carry on. No hiding the heavy stuff.
Only once have I had to leave stuff behind and even then I had it delivered to the Lodge I was staying at (my husband likes his jars of macadamia nuts and his fancy camera equipment). Last year it took me 3 planes to finally get on one that would accept me. My luggage had to fly separately out of Puerto Jimenez. It showed up about 20 mins later in San Jose. I was leaving the country that day so I was a little nervous (not really if it meant more time in CR). Neither I or my luggage weigh all that much but they were short on space. They didn't even weigh me or my luggage. They just eye balled it and said no and took off. I know what you are going through. I leave Sat and my backpack, etc. weights 28lbs. I am going for a month and am having a hard time deciding what to leave behind. I will be ditching books along the way which will lighten up the load but will be flying before I eliminate too many. I can exchange books at many hotels/lodges so guess they will be the ones staying behind. I will be in cooler areas as well as warmer so I need clothes for both. I will figure it out soon, as I always do. I am female and want it AAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks - I am doing a dry run on packing today! And then I will really have to curb my buying binges until we get our vehicle!
ALMOST TIME!! CAN'T WAIT!
Donna
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 08:53 AM

Hi,
I have a Sansa weight question, too.
If there are three of us, do we get 75 lbs total or is still 25 lbs per person?
Thank You!
Gem
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 09:07 AM
JBX

sparklegem,

Is there anyway you could pack to distribute the weight accordingly? Or are you planning to bring a large suitcase (26")? When traveling during the high season, and with a full plane, Sansa can be strict. These are very small planes and the weight limit is important.
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 08:17 PM

My husband wanted to bring a big suitcase and our boogie board case. I wondered if we had a 50lb and a 25lb bag if it would pass or if we should try to get a couple of duffels.
Thank You,
Gem