?'s re: Sol Cabanas del Caribe in Conzumel

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at the Sol Cabanas del Caribe in Cozumel, Mexico lately? I've read great reviews so I know that the hotel is a great low cost, good serviced hotel. I just have some questions regarding location, cost, and room choice.
Location: Close to town? Some of the reviews I've read say that the hotel is a $5 cab ride away from downtown San Miguel but others I've read say that you can walk to town. Has anyone walked from Cabanas to town and back? How long is it?
Cost and Room Choice: The best (and only) price I've seen is $59 per night for a "standard room" (I don't really know if this is for a first floor room, second floor room or cabana--which leads to my question...) We would like a cabana or a room on the 2nd floor. Does anyone know how we can make this request during reservations?
Thanks!
Old May 20th, 2005, 01:30 PM

Hi,
Yes, Sol Cabanas is one of my favorite places. I live here in Cozumel and I use that hotel a lot for my friends and family when they come to visit. I've never had a complaint. It is a $5 taxi ride to town, which is cheap these days, but you can walk it if you want. I'd say it takes about 20-30 minutes to walk, depending on how fast you walk. The $59 is for a 1st or 2nd floor room (same price for either), the cabanas are usually about $10 more per night, if they have one available. There are only 8 of them. But if they don't have a cabana, the 2nd floor rooms are great. You can upgrade to a cabana when you arrive if they have one, or you can book one when you make your reservations. Call or email the reservations manager, I think his name is Miguel.
Old May 21st, 2005, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks CozAnnie. I'll have my husband call Miguel--that seems to be the way to request which type of room (1st vs. 2nd floor vs. cabana) we will get ahead of time since the online reservations don't give you an option. Thanks again!
Old May 22nd, 2005, 01:12 PM

I am leaving for Cozumel on Saturday, and staying at Sol Cabanas. I'll post a review when we get back!
Old May 22nd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

That would be great. Thanks Lauren. Hope you don't get moved to the Melia sister hotel. That's my other fear.
Cheers!