Search

Ruins in Cancun, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ruins in Cancun, etc.

We are a family of 4. Kids are 18 and 24. We will be staying at the Omni Cancun and are looking for a day trip to the ruins, and maybe another day trip. Which would be the best area to see ruins and waht about another trip - maybe to swim with dolphins? or sailing?

Thanks,

Cheryl
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 04:47 AM

www.xelha.com Tulum...
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 04:50 AM

Best ruins here but no dolphins...

www.cancuncare.com/Cancun_Tours/Chichen_Itza/ - 24k - Cached - Similar pages
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 04:59 AM
KVR

I would chose Xcaret over Xel-Ha. More things to see and do beside swim and the underground river is great. You can swim with dolphins at both, but it's highly unrecommended.

Ruins include Chichen Itza, Coba and Tulum. You can a full day tour that includes Tulum and Xel-Ha.

Do a google search for Cancun Tours.
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 05:49 AM
RAC

Our day trips for our honeymoon were Chichen Itza and Xcaret, and we were thrilled with our choices. The night show at Xcaret is a very big cherry on top of a day of fun, and Chichen Itza is, well, Chichen Itza.
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 07:31 PM

With kids 18 and 24 I'd highly recommend Hidden Worlds Cenote park. They provide snorkle gear/ wetsuits and guide you through well lit dramatic cenotes. It's near or on the way Tulum, Coba or Playa del Carmen.
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 06:15 AM

There's also Ek Balaam, Muyil, etc. etc.
Hidden Worlds does a great job; not the theme park atmosphere of the "eco" parks. And for a laid back, fun day, I prefer Xel Ha.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 06:12 AM

If your kids are the type who would rather be active, than just "look at" ruins, then I'd suggest a trip to the Coba ruins, where they can actually climb the large pyramid.

Take a look at the tours offered by Alltournative. Their tours are highly rated, and action-packed, and include ruins, zip-lining, jungle adventure, snorkeling, canoeing, etc.

http://www.alltournative.com/tours-p...maya-encounter

I'm taking my 17-year old to Cancun in 6 weeks, and we're doing a tour with Edventure Tours (they're wonderful - my husband and I had an excellent time with them previously). Small groups, personalized service, very friendly, YOUR choice of excellent sites to visit.

http://www.edventuretours.com.mx/

You may also want to consider taking the ferry (or a tour boat) to Isla Mujeres for the day. Rent a golf cart and explore the southern end of the island (lots of things to see and do, in the water and on land). And then have a swim at Playa Norte before heading back to Cancun.

http://www.isla-mujeres.net/thingstodo.htm