Royal Hideaway Question

Feb 21st, 2003, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Royal Hideaway Question

I am going to the Royal Hideaway in a few weeks. Is it really necessary to book the restaurants before I go or is this just if I want to eat early? Any advice greatly appreciated....
Feb 22nd, 2003, 05:29 AM

We are going to the Royal Hideaway in May. Our travel agent told us that it would be wise to book your first night's dinner one week before you go. You can email them directly. Then, your villa concierge will help you set up all of your dinner reservations for the remaining nights when you get to your room. This is what we're going to do, post a trip report when you get back, I'll look forward to it!
Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:04 AM

We went last year and did not make reservations in advance. Since we were only there three nights, we were really frustrated because the only times available were 6 p.m. or 9:30. I would definitely take the trouble to book your first few nights at least in advance, the resort is usually at capacity. If you don't mind eating at 6 p.m., you may not have a problem. It's the prime hours of 7 - 9 that are hard to get.
Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:23 AM

I just came back from RH. I would definitely make reservations ahead of time. You can e-mail them a few days ahead. The food is exceptional and the service is outstanding. They can't do enough for you.
Mar 4th, 2003, 10:22 AM
eng

We just returned from RH last week. I HIGHLY recommend booking as many dinner reservations as you can PRIOR to arrival. We sebt an email 1 week in advance and were able to book your 1sr 3 nights. We did not have difficulty booking the remained of the nights while we were there, but when we tried to change the resturant for our last night we were only able to get a 9:30 seating when booking day of.

I DO NOT recommend going to Club Royal for dinner and the show. Dinner there is buffet style,or a choice of chicken or fish (with a set menu). If you want to see the show eat before, or after. We regret that we gave up a dinner to see a rather unimpressive show.
May 23rd, 2003, 07:27 AM

Does anyone have the email address?