Reload this Page >

Royal Hideaway, Gala or RIU palace??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 02:15 PM
Ken and Tam

Wud like info on all 3... Best beach? <BR>Which has best food, service for the money? <BR>Don't want nude bathing.... <BR>Any help is appreciated!

Old Apr 23rd, 2000, 04:57 AM
merriem

Rather than rewrite my posts on The Royal Hideaway, do a search. There is a great deal of excellent information.

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 11:28 AM
Tammy

Have already read thru previous posts. <BR>Would like a comparison from someone who's either been to or seen both or knows someone who has. <BR>We now have narrowed it to the Royal Hideaway and the Gala Royal. Both are within $300 of each other. Which has the best beach, best food, less children, no nude bathing. They both look nice and are all-inclusive. Have service poolside and 24 hour room service. Need some more details to make the final decision... Esp would like more info on the Gala resort. Thanks!

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 01:57 PM
merriem

Royal Hideaway is the ONLY all inclusive to be included in Preferred Hotels of the World.....maybe that would be some help. I asked my husband about nudity...He said there were a couple of topless women there and further down the beach at other resorts. Since you are not taking children, I'm curious why a nude, or topless beach would be a problem. <BR>

Old May 1st, 2000, 06:50 AM
Tammy

Since you are so 'curious' or some would say nosy... I have spent my summers at the beach since I was small and never did people go topless or nude. That is not something that is done where I'm from. We would feel uncomfortable with that being all around us. And it's not something I plan to participate in. <BR>Would prefer just answers to my questions from people who are informative, not comments on our choices.

Old May 1st, 2000, 01:43 PM
merriem

I am really sorry that you were offended. I guess that since the thought had never crossed my mind, I wondered why it was an issue. Guess that curositity killed the cat. Honestly, I think you would be hard pressed to find any resort out of the US that has a problem with topless sunbathing. It is just a way of life, and not such a big deal, as it seems to be in the US. Many cruise ships offer that also.

Old May 2nd, 2000, 06:06 AM
Kathy

There are probably less children at RH because it is smaller. We did take our three there last summer, however. If you go during school break time, you will be sure to find lots of children at any resort that allows children. Topless is allowed at ALL the resorts, but usually not at the pool--only on the beach. You really don't see people parading up and down the beach topless. Not very many beachfront or beachview rooms at RH and there is BIG construction project going on one side and the Allegro on the other. This whole area is now one big all inclusive resort right up against the next so it is really all the same beach.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 12:15 PM
Tammy

Thanks for all your help.. <BR>We were just about to book 4 nites at the Royal Hideaway, it was between that and the Gala Royal Resort. The final decision had been RH initially because of the good food reviews. But then I found a travel package in our sunday paper, so now we are staying at the Gala for SEVEN nites for the same price as 4 nites at the Gala! And the flights are non stop and the times are better! <BR>Can't beat 2500 for 2 people from NC to stay in playa for 7 days, 8 nites at an all inclusive including airfare! <BR>

Old May 3rd, 2000, 02:25 PM
Jennifer

From which company did you get such a great deal?