Search

Royal Hideaway

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 05:11 AM
Jim Stoddard

Royal Hideaway

I am here NOW until 26 Jul. Ask questions and I'll get back to you. This place doesn't pamper you, it spoils you! Each building has it's own concierge to handle the details of your stay from 10 am to 6 pm. Each evening you must make reservations at the four specialty restaurants (sit down). Proper dress required. These are five star restaurants. No industrial food here. Service impeccable. Shows twice a week (dinner shows), Great workout room, many pools and hot jacuzzis, 24 hr room service (free), top shelf liquors, champagne all day, activities, watersports, beds turned down in evening, I've been to the Allegro resorts for 9 years, and I'll tell you, for the price, IT DON"T NO BETTER THAN THIS!!!!

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 07:22 PM
LIZ

Hey Jim, you lucky dog!!! <BR> <BR>We have to wait until November for our stay (boo hoo)... <BR> <BR>I haven't heard much negative feedback on the RH and can hardly wait...We've been to the Allegro Playacar a couple of times and liked it, but wished it was more up-scale...We've been tracking the RH since Allegro announced it a couple few years ago...We were originally booked for May and had to cancel....But the good news is, we still have it to look forward to!!! <BR> <BR>Couple of questions for you.... <BR>1/ We've booked a Royal View room which is supposed to have an ocean view....Do you know anything about these rooms and is the view truly 'royal'?....Are they located close to the pool area?... <BR> <BR>2/ One of the few negatives I've heard is about the dinner theater, both the food and show....What's your opinion?... <BR> <BR>3/ Do they have one of those beach parties that so many resorts have?...I hate sitting at tables sinking into the sand and eating from mediocre buffets... <BR> <BR>You're probably have too good a time to answer me now, but if you could e-mail me whenever, I'd appreciate it.... <BR> <BR>Enjoy... LIZ

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 05:44 AM
Jim Stoddard

No beach parties, dinner theater food was good, not exceptional like the other restaurants here. Theater was OK, the magician being pretty awesome. I will find out about the Royal view rooms. They are close to the pool/ocean, but if I were you, I'd save the money. I got a standard room right by the pool, no ocean view (are you staying in your room?). I'll check back later.

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 05:58 AM
LIZ

Jim, thanks for taking time out from your vacation to answer questions.... <BR> <BR>I agree with you about the view, but I like being close to the daytime activities and I understood there is no quarantee of room location ROH (Luxury... <BR> <BR>Besides, my husband is paying the extra from his bowling winnings!!!...I was pulling for first class air, but the prices were totally out of order, so I settled for an ocean view (I hope)... <BR> <BR>LIZ

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 06:06 AM
Jim Stoddard

In that case, get a suite. It has two floors with a spiral staircase going upstairs. This resort is not a "party place". If you like to relax, eat and drink well, and be spoiled out of your mind, this is it. This is day 7. Last night was Mexican Feista night outside around the pool. Really cool. No bugs. Men must have long pants and collared shirt for dinner. When you get here, make the dinner reservations as far in advance as possible to get the seating times/restaurant/show you want. The Spa is world class. This hotel is only one of 200 hotels to be selected from the Preferred Hotels classification (the only one in Mexico). Concierge in your building can arrange anything. I needed a FedEx package, but FedEx would only deliver to Cancun. It was sent to the Allegro property in Cancun, and Royal Hideaway picked it up! The rooms all have VCRs, small refridgerators, AM/FM. There's a book/video library here. Cigar room, Mexican, Italian, Thai, Intercontinental Restaurants. Breakfast/lunch is no reservations. I could go on forever. If you want the pool area guaranteed, your wise with the royal view. It's right there. One more week to go. Anyone can post here until 26 Jul, I'll answer questions. <BR>

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 07:38 AM
LIZ

Jim.... <BR> <BR>Thanks again for your input....Enjoy the rest of your vacation in 'Paradise'.... <BR> <BR>LIZ <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 05:59 AM
Roger

Thanks for the trip report. My wife and I are considering going in the next few months. My Q is: How is the wine selection with dinner? Is it by the glass or bottle? A large selection? Any surcharges? Any decent sparkling wines, esp. Cavas? Hope you continue to have a great trip. Send back more reports. Thanks!

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 05:12 AM
Jim Stoddard

No surcharges for anything other than dry cleaning/laundry, Fax. Bottles/or by the glass for wine. The champagne is great. Will try to find out labels. <BR>First class all the way.

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 11:37 AM
Sheila

O.K. Jim............give us the bad now........................Are there any? What is the beach like? Describe the gym ie equipment. Security? Describe the pools..........Heh, I bet your having siesta time now eh? <BR>Can you get them to cut the Canadians a deal.....with our dollar and all....you know................... !!!!!!!!!! <BR>Is there lots of trees or shelter on the beach?

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 07:44 PM
denise

Hi Jim, We are thinking of going in January and wonder if you have any info on the presidential suites. We are two couples and thought we might go all out if it's a two bedroom.