Caracas

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 06:42 AM
allison sutton

Caracas

We are planning on going to Los Roques and staying at the Posada Acuarela next week. In order to get there, we will have to spend the night in Caracas. Will we be safe if we stay at the Hilton and go directly there from the airport?

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 07:52 AM
Stephanie

Venezuela will be holding elections on July 29th. I would wait a while before going because things are pretty bad (unsafe)down there right now. I lived in Caracas for many years, and although it is a beautiful city, crime is rampant. I guess you'd be safe at the Hilton, but don't wander out to "see the sights".

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 04:55 AM
Venny

Like Stephanie, I also lived in Caracas. She is absolutely correct about the crime. Caracas is a very dangerous city. You should be OK at the Hilton but don't venture out on your own.

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 07:41 AM
Parrot Mom

The other thing is to get any recommended shots..there is disease rampant right now... Our Venezuelan friend would sit on us if we told him we wanted to go back to Caracas.

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 06:56 PM
Julian

My partner stayed at the Hilton Caracas last month and said it was fine. Caracas, in addition to being plagued by crime, is also expensive.