Roatan

Aug 29th, 2000, 10:29 AM
Debbie

Roatan

Hello,

We're planning a cruise that has an itenerary of Belize and Roatan. I've never heard of Roatan. Is there anyone out there who has any information on this island? Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Debbie

Aug 29th, 2000, 01:23 PM
Richard Pate

It's been my home since 93. I'll give you the Countries turism web site. If after looking it over you have some questions, feel free to e-mail me. ......<hondurastips.honduras.com>

Sep 7th, 2000, 06:21 PM
Meg

Hi, Debbie. I've been to Roatan twice to visit a friend who lives there. Your cruise ship will probably offer a dolphin swim excursion that I highly recommend. The dolphins are at the Institute of Marine Science. Both snorkel and dive programs are available. I've only done the snorkel, but it was incredible. You are up close and personal with these dolphins. The entire session is videotaped and can be purchased afterwards. If you don't want an organized excursion, I'd recommend that you get a water taxi at Foster's in West End (don't let them charge you more than a couple dollars) and have them take you to West Bay Beach for some of the best snorkeling I've ever done - ANY PLACE. I've seen an octupus, spotted eagle rays and a school of squid swimming in formation like birds heading north for the winter. The reef is 50 feet offshore - tops, very accessible and is roped off to offer guidance for those who are not comfortable out in open water. It's very laid back island.

Oct 10th, 2000, 10:53 AM
denise

Hi ,
I have been to Roatan 2x - both on a cruise - loved it - my favorite port of call - great snorkeling at tabayana beach!!! if you are looking for a driver to take you around - ask for Randy - he is usually at the dock where the ships pull in - we had Randy both times and he is great!!!! he knows all the good places and everyone knows him - just ask for Randy - you will love Roatan

Sep 12th, 2001, 09:36 PM
joyce

Debbie
It sounds like you might be going on the Noreweigan sun......we are booked on the Christmas cruise. I would love to know which would be better, doing the dive in at Tabayana beach or going on our own to the west end. We want some good snorkeling, and don't need any instruction

Sep 13th, 2001, 09:05 PM
Joyce

Hi
I have tried to go to the web site mentioned above and have not been sucessful....is it written wrong?
Joyce