Iguzzo Falls

Nov 26th, 2000, 11:24 AM
Ronald

Iguzzo Falls

Traveling to Brazil via cruise. Understand Iguzzo Falls will be on itinerary at a rather high cost, is it worth the money?

Nov 26th, 2000, 11:33 AM
Ann

The iguazu falls are really worth the money. They are so beautifull . I've already been there twice ...and probably I'm going to see them again next year.
If you go try to visit both sides of the falls .... I actually liked to Argentian side of the falls more than the brazilian .
Happy travels !!!!!

Nov 26th, 2000, 01:06 PM
Charlie

Yes, seeing the falls is worth the money. I would also suggest taking a boat upriver from below the falls. Our driver got us so close that we actually went under one of the smaller cascades. We stayed at das Cataratas hotel in the national park, and we had a view of the falls from our room. Nice!

Nov 27th, 2000, 11:05 AM
John

Ronald,

I went there 7 years ago, and I was uncomfortable with the way everything was set up to milk you for money.

If it's costing you a lot for the trip, make sure everything is included: admission, local transportation, park entrance fees, etc. If not, find out what that's going to cost you. We had to pay $10 each time we wanted to go from hotel to falls, or from hotel to anywhere for that matter.

As for the falls, they're fabulous, and there are neat little animals with long ringed tails that hang out begging for food on the trails to and from the observation points. Fun stuff.

We did the boat ride, and it was the best part about the trip. It was a safari by jeep to the riverside, then by boat up the river. Climbing the rapids and steep elevation changes in that huge boat with powerful twin outboard engines was a thrill I'll never forget. The pilot really had to work to keep the boat in the center of the fast-running water. It was better than a roller coaster.

Be sure to do the boat ride. It's not your grandfather's boat ride.

Nov 27th, 2000, 12:28 PM
Tammy

Another vote for going to the falls and for taking a boat ride up to the falls. It will be one of the most exciting and memorable parts of your trip. If you go, you might want to take a water resistent camera and a poncho. You are sure to be soaked on the boat ride. Also, while we were there, we got quite wet walking near the falls by the spray. Also, I agree with an earlier poster, I enjoyed the Argentine side of the falls more, but the Brazil side is still spectacular.

Nov 28th, 2000, 03:10 PM
Laura

I am going to the Falls (from Buenos Aires) in Dec. Is 2 days enough time for my visit? I'll be staying at the Sheraton in the park.

Also, does anyone know where I fly into. There are 3-4 airports in Argentina & Brazil with the "Iguacu" name.

Please help if you can...

Nov 28th, 2000, 06:44 PM
Brian Kilgore

Wife's been there. She says only one word. "Go."

BAK

Nov 29th, 2000, 08:05 PM
amanda

Iguzzo falls is definately worth the money, I travelled through Brazil for three months and hiked around the falls it was gorgeous. Bordering on three countries,you can't miss it.

Nov 30th, 2000, 11:27 AM
danny

it's iguacu, not iguzzo.

Dec 22nd, 2000, 10:36 PM
Helma

JUST GO!

Dec 23rd, 2000, 01:52 AM
Howard

It would help in answering your question if we knew how much you were paying for the visit.

Dec 27th, 2000, 04:15 PM
Mike

iguazo falls is definitely worth visiting, include the boat trip, if you can make it a day trip it is better than two days. anyone know of cheap hotels (less than $40 per night) in Buenos Aires?

May 7th, 2001, 10:09 AM
Michele

I plan on traveling to Iguazu Falls later this month (May) from Sao Paulo. Do you think a 1-2 day visit is enough time? Also, any suggestions/contact information on hotels, things to do/see? Thanks for any responses!

May 8th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Alfredo Marques

You can find comfortable and inexpensive hotels in downtown Foz do Iguaçu. The falls are just a quick bus ride away (no more than US$2 round trip).

Jul 9th, 2001, 02:43 PM
xxx

We went to Iguacu in '93 and it's still something we like to talk about. Flew the helicopter ride over the falls and got some pretty great pictures. The boat ride was also 'way cool'. Stayed at Las Cataratas--a wonderful hotel at the falls. The little ring-tailed critters were a delight. GO!!

Sep 7th, 2001, 05:37 AM
Beth

ttt

Sep 14th, 2001, 08:42 AM
Pelagija

Can anyone tell me what is the best and the cheapest way to get to Iguazu Falls from Rio?

Sep 14th, 2001, 08:46 PM
Surlok

Pelagija,

The best is not always the cheapest ( in fact, never is).

This said, the best way of getting from Rio to Iguassu Falls is flying, the cheapest would be going by bus-- a long journey, though.

Surlok