Search

rio hotel deal?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 1999, 07:07 PM
bill

rio hotel deal?

to anyone: i am trying to get an overwhelming endorsement for a rio hotel starting july21. <BR>i am looking for one that will cut a deal, be in a convenient area, include a breakfast, and maybe no service charges. please let me know your favorites. thanks very much.

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 05:31 AM
Erin

Have you tried www.ipanema.com? It lists most of the hotels in Rio, with descriptions and rates. They offer discounted rates if you book via their website. <BR> <BR>BTW, my favorite hotels are the Copacabana Palace and the Inter-Continetal. Unfortunately, neither is cheap and the Inter-Continental is about 10 minutes drive from Ipanema!

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 12:38 PM
bill

erin: i am looking for first hand info. you can book hotels for a lot less than the website quotes. i am trying to find a hotel that someone knows very well and is a good deal. thank you for your response, i appreciate it.

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 05:56 AM
Erin

The reason I recommend www.ipanema.com is so that you can at least get an idea of what is out there and sample rates. Usually you get the best rates by calling the hotels directly. I've found it very difficult to get advice about Rio on the Internet...even on this forum (check out the Mexico postings and you will see the difference). Most of the advice I've received has been from people who stay at the big American/European chains (Sheraton, Inter-Continental, Sofitel, Le Meridian). <BR> <BR>One more thing...check www.utell.com. They have a couple of properties in Rio and occaisionally will post rate sales on their website. Good Luck and let me know if you find a better source of info on Rio.

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 12:02 AM
bill

erin - thanks for the new hotel address. I will check it out. I am getting pretty good info by continually asking. I am looking for someone who will tell me this is where you have to stay. so i will let you know. are you going? I just got my visa today. keep in touch. bill

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 06:56 PM
bill

i am still looking for someone who just got back from rio and has an overwhelming endorsent for a hotel. please refer to the top message for what i am looking for. thanks a lot. much appreciated <BR>ps i know about the web sites already

Old Jun 26th, 1999, 11:33 AM
bill

hi - im still looking for a great rio hotel endorsement . please read the original message for what i am looking for. I am aware of the internet hotel listings but would like to get firsthand info. i have about three more weeks before i leave. thanks a alot. bill

Old Jun 27th, 1999, 07:15 PM
Jill

Best hotel for the money in Rio is the Praia Ipanema Hotel on Ipanema Beach. <BR>It is the only hotel in Rio that all the rooms are waterview rooms, and they all have little balconies overlooking the ocean. It is a 4 star hotel that feels like a 5 star boutique hotel. <BR>The rates are good for what you get. <BR>They have a web site. <BR>jill

Old Jul 3rd, 1999, 05:56 PM
melody

I stayed at the Sofitel Rio Palace in Copacabana in Feb. We were told it was a five-star, but it was more like a one-star. It was very, very run down. Don't stay there.

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 08:04 AM
jackie

My boyfriend and I are headed to Rio in November. He's been before and stayed at Hotel Vermont. Its two blocks from the beach (Ipanema Beach)-- a good choice for budget travelers. It's about $25-50. It's clean and reliable and serves an incredible buffet breakfast. We have a friend who stays there everytime he goes. He's been 4 times. I guess, depending on the type of accommodations you're used to staying in, this hotel is more for the budget traveler. I've stayed at 5 Star hotels and have learned that you don't have to pay out the wazoo for a good value hotel. You can get some info from Preview Travel's website.

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 12:11 PM
Melissa

Bill - I just returned from Rio and stayed at a great hotel right on Ipanema Beach. It is called the Arpoador and is around $80 a night. It does include a service charge but it also includes a breakfast which is really good. I loved this hotel.