Search

Rio de Janeiro in March

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rio de Janeiro in March

We are flying from the U.S. to Buenos Aires for a cruise south. We will have 8 days before departing on the cruise. We think we would like to explore Rio and the surrounding area for some of these days (perhaps 4 days).

We are in our 60's but fairly agile. One of us speaks some Spanish. We like music and the arts as well as nature and opportunities to get to know people.

Neither our budget nor taste is upscale but we would like to feel safe and comfortable. We don't plan on renting a car.

Any suggestions about hotels, restaurants, music spots (classical, jazz, guitar), museums, must see spots in the city, short nature tours, etc. are greatly appreciated.

We've looked back at some of the very helpful messages people have posted and look forward to any new views.
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 09:27 AM

A friend and I went in Mar a few years ago and had a ball . . . we're pushing 60 hard!

I typed up my travelog and would be happy to send it if you want it ([email protected]), just let me know.

We LOVED Rio,
Sandy
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 12:46 PM

Sandys travelog is great- well worth getting!
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 01:53 PM

Try www.riohiking.com for outdoor tour. For music try mistura Fina in Lagoa they have a website. Try the Luxor Regent hotel they have a website of the Miramar hotel. Good food is the steak house Porcao's Rio in Flamengo.
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 03:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I've also read all of the other great messages that have been posted.