Rincon de la Viejo Mega Combo Tour near Tamarindo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are leaving for Costa Rica in a couple of days and I have been advised to book tours ahead. Has anyone heard of a "Mega Combo" tour of Rincon de la Vieja park? It includes a canopy tour, waterslide, waterfall, horseback ride, mud baths all in a 10 hour day trip.

My question - would this be appropriate for our 11 and 13 year old kids?

Thanks!
Dave
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 06:15 PM

Yes your children would love this Combo Tour.

I did this tour a few months back.

Vargas Tours does the Combo Tour.
I do not think it is near Tamarindo as the Rincon National park is on the north side of Liberia.

The waterslide is really something !!!

Where are you going to be staying at.?

I can give you Vargas Tours website and email if you want them.
Percy
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 06:53 PM

The Rincon de la Vieja area is about 2 hours from Tamarindo. We did this day trip with Swiss Travel a few years ago while staying at Allegro Papagayo, about 30 minutes from Liberia. It was a TON of fun! But not as extensive. It lasted from about 8:00 (pickup) until about 5:00 (drop off back at hotel). We did the canopy tour, the waterslide, and the mud baths, as well as lunch.

We took another daytrip up to Los Inocentes for horseback riding (a little further from Tam--almost to Nicaragua). Your children would like that as well.

Wow--10 hours. It would be a LONG day with some very tiring activities (the horseback riding always gets me)--but sounds like a lot of fun. I'll bet everyone will sleep well that night! Have a great time!
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 03:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback, Percy and Shillmac. We are going to be staying at the Tamarindo Diria (couldn't get a room at our other choices) and they say they can book the trip. Not sure what tour company they use or whether the rates are the same. Percy, I found the Vargas website in another of your postings and sent them an email - thanks! However, we are leaving tomorrow and don't have much time so I may have to go with the hotel booking.

Shillmac, I am a little concerned about the long day, but I have read that the tour is fantastic and worth it. It better be, or I won't hear the end of it from my family!

Thanks!
Dave
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 05:01 AM

Not to worry. You'll be having so much fun you won't even notice being tired until the end of the day when they may have to carry you into your hotel room and put you guys to bed! You'll have a blast! As Percy said, that water slide is quite a ride!
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 05:21 PM

Is the canopy part of this tour you are talking about the Kazm Canyon tour?
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 06:14 PM

Can you go to the mud baths of rincon de la vieja without a guide or do you need to be on a tour?
Thanks!
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Imperial, the mud bath on the above mentioned Mega Combo tour of Rincon de la Vieja Park consists of patting your hands in hot mud and placing it on your body or of your companion's. There is staff there to assist you and you let it dry, then you shower (2 yrs. ago, the water was very cold) and quickly select 6 different temperatured pools to relax in. This may not be the only "mud bath" offered at different locations of the volcano, but we took the mega tour from JandCTours (www.JandCtours.com) and this explains our experience. We did go horseback riding up the mt., zip lining down, great lunch included at the restaraunt and enjoyed the "mud bath". Have fun