Resturant in PV

Old May 28th, 2003, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resturant in PV

Has anyone heard of a place in Puerto Vallarta called "Los Carmolitas" or something similar to that? A friend of ours has told us we MUST eat there on our upcoming visit but I have been unable to locate it on any guides. According to our friend, it is right at the top of the mountain and is an approximate 15 minute cab ride from downtown. He said the first time he went there, he was a little concerned with the drive but that food and view where outstanding.

Any help? Thanks!
Old May 28th, 2003, 09:20 AM
dp

Las Carmelitas is indeed located on top of a mountain and does not open until 1pm. I've never seen it on any guides either; they get most of their business by word of mouth. Most cab drivers should know where it is, but before you get in a taxi, tell the driver where you're going (and ask the cost as always), because some taxis may not choose to make the steep climb up the hill. I doubt it's very good on their suspension (and brakes coming down). Plan your trip to be up there for the sunset. It has one of the most beautiful views over PV that you will find. It is an open-air restaurant, somewhate rustic, but the food is very good (try the arrachera beef-very tender) and the prices reasonable.
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

dp,

Thanks for the reply! Just what I needed to know.

Thanks again!
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:26 AM
dp

I forgot to mention, in case you're reading this again, that there is a little "guard shack" (I say shack because it really is one) at the entrance to the road to Las Carmelitas. There may be someone there, that will tell you you have to pay 50 pesos to enter. They will give you a receipt, which you just present at the restaurant and the 50 pesos is deducted from the total bill. Just wanted you to know that this was on the up and up. Oh yeah, enjoy the ride up and especially down to the restaurant. It can be quite thrilling.
Old May 29th, 2003, 10:15 AM

It is the rainy season in PV in July so you may want to pick somewhere esle to eat. Taxi's drivers are a little crazy there - but fun. The view is fantastic but the trip up can be nerve wracking - couldn't have imagined going in the rain.
Pepe's has good food and is a lot of fun.
ATV tours in the jungle can be a hoot in the rain.
Hope you have a great trip.
JRinPV actually lives there I belive so maybe post some questions to him specificaly. He also used to have his own websit on PV.
Old May 29th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

dp - Thanks for the "heads up" on the guard shack.

Butterb - Thank you for the info also.