Search

Rest of the story

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rest of the story

I am going to summarize the rest of the stay in Potrero as wake up to the roosters and/or howler monkeys, go to school, come home visit with the schools in Brasilito and Potrero, visit with our Tico neighbors, eat, drink and be merry. We had a wonderful time there, then Thursday came and off we went to Buena Vista Lodge.

Out drive to there was non eventful until we turned off to go to the lodge. The sign said 17km and it was a mountainous, rocky and narrow road. My dh was getting a little nervous and then finally, just like the Villagio, we were there.

Buena Vista was a little more rustic than the Villagio in Potrero, but still quite comfortable. Our room did not have a fridge though and DH wanted me to put our six pack of Imperials in the lake by our room to stay cool. I refused and if you look at the pictures you will see it was a wise decision.

At Buena Vista we zip-lined, a lot of fun. Rode horses to the hot springs and walked the bridges through the canopy. We saw monkeys, goats, pigs and horses. The week went by way too fast.

I hope this link works. I have a lot more pictures but I didn't want to spend a lot of time sending them in case it didn't work.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cgenster/CostaRica
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 07:42 PM

cgenster--the link worked perfectly--I'll have to try and post some of our pictures from the sail. We had an incredible time in Manuel Antonio--especially Eileen, who continued to "bloom". Today it was back to reality--Pura vida!
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Original Poster

Hi TrvlMaven,

I am so glad that Eileen had a great time. I really liked her. I can't wait to see pictures of Manuel Antonio.
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM

Wow, these are great pictures! What fun to see where I'll be staying in July. Thanks for the link.
One more question - did you feel comfortable locking your passport etc. in your room at the Villagio when you weren't there, or did they have a safe for stuff like that, or . . .?
Thanks!
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Original Poster

Hi Teachergirl,

The Villagio had a key-safe in the room. We locked our passports and extra cash in there and felt comfortable doing so. We kept a copy of our passport with us.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time.
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 07:22 AM

Teachergirl, we did not use the safe, but we locked ours into our suitcases and didn't have any trouble. The Villagio felt very safe. We found that after two weeks we were running out of clean clothes (we could never make the "free laundry" service timeline)--but we washed things out, then hung them on hangers which we then hung on the kitchen cabinet doors--as the kitchen didn't have a/c, everything was dry be morning.
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Jed

Posting this as a reply to the original part(s) would have made it easier for everyone to follow your whole trip comprehensively.