Search

Resort in Cabo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resort in Cabo

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon and have decided it will be in Cabo. We just want to relax after all the wedding stuff, so we are not looking to do a ton of adventures. Our #1 choice right now is the Los Cabos - Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. We have heard great reviews on Trip Advisor, but just want to make sure and/or see if there are any others we should consider. (One of my concerns is not being able to go in the ocean in front of the resort, big deal?) We are on somewhat of a budget, but willing to do $200-$300/night. Any help or suggestions would be great. Spa and great food is a plus.

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 08:32 AM

I haven't stayed there, but I have to say, for your budget, I think you're making the best choice in the area. That is where I'd go for that price range in Cabo. If you can spend a little more, check out the Marquis.
The only hotel in the area on a safe beach to swim is the Hilton, and even that's not a great beach, IMO, and the Pacifica looks more romantic than the Hilton.
If you want to swim in the ocean, I'd check out Cancun or the Riviera Maya.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 09:27 AM
Ag3046

What time of year are you planning this? It can be very hot and humid in Cabo in some months. Too hot for me to enjoy.

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

We will be travelling here in mid-August of this year
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 01:58 PM
Ag3046

Aargh. I would NOT honeymoon in Cabo in August. Hot, humid, hurricanes. Really, it's not nice.

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 04:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Any place along the west coast of Mexico will be terribly hot, humid, and rainy season in August. You might want to check weather history before making reservations!
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 05:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dear Ashley:

If you do decide to go to Cabo, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica is wonderful. It is a no children resort. PB has a shuttle bus that will take you to their Rose resort right in CSL on the swimmable Medano beach.

It will be hot, but you will be in the pool or in A/C room.

Best wishes,

MY
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 01:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Here's the other replies...
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 11:45 AM

Hi Ashley: My husband and I stayed at the Pacifica last September and loved it! Very zen vibe with great sounds and smells. Go for the couples massage if you can. No children are allowed and my husband and I can't remember having a more relaxing vacation. The massive waves that crash in front of the property are really cool and the view from the rooms is wonderful. I know that you are on a budget, but your honeymoon only happens once...you may want to book one of the suites -- as I recall the cost was only about $100 more and the rooms are so great! We stayed in one of their normal rooms the first night then upgraded. The suites are on the top floor and have these huge decks that have the most amazing view. Very nice to have a drink at sunset. The food there was great - everything that we ate at the restaurant at the pool was delicious. Also, the formal restaurant, Siempre, was good, too. Outdoor tables with twinkling lights was so romantic. We are definitely going back again...
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 02:22 PM
DLI

Hi Ashley,

Re; Cabo the Pacifica, we have stayed there twice... it is wonderful, the only thing is when you want to go to town, you have to shuttle.. this can be a pain. the Taxi fare is between $10- $12.00 us. There is an All Inclusive at The Riu Palace on Medano Beach I have heard great things about it as well.

The Pacifica is a Fab place, remember you cannot swim in the ocean, but the pool is wonderful.

Lots of great restraunts too. Oh by the way at the Pueblo Sunset Beach just up the hill they have a great dinning there, the Italian night is superb and the Mexican night also, they are both buffets and a great price..

Good Luck..
DLI