San Miguel de Allende in March

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Miguel de Allende in March

On short notice, I am trying to put together a trip to SMA for this March. A few holes in my research. What temperatures have you encountered there in spring? Would you stay in SMA for a week or take several side trips? I am also nursing one recovering sore knee, so I am trying to slow my usual go-go-go pace. Any modest to mid-range hotels to reccommend and rates paid would be great. I always get good info here. Thanks!
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 05:44 AM

n,
www.wunderground.com enter queretaro
has a history/archive function which will permit you to get weather on any dates for many years.
March is usually mild with warm days and dry.
At www.tripadvisor.com san miguel de allende "forum", use the search box and you'll finds lots of info on hotels, restaurants, day trips, transportation, etc.
Most B&Bs are very high quality.
M
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 11:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
If u prefer staying in one place SMA is a good location. Lots of side trips are possible from there. U could also split your trip and stay in another town too. I find actually staying in a town is very differnt than just visiting for a day excursion. That said I have spent a week in SMA many times and never tired of hanging out there. Last time we were there we enjoyed our stay at Casa Luna which may be more than you want to pay. But there are lots of B&B's and small hotels in all price ranges. U might also consider renting anpt or villas for a week. Using trip advisor to narrow down choices is good advice. Enjoy your trip!
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM

yt,
Thanks for the confidence.
M (SMdA, Gto.)
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 04:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
mikemo -- you're welcom...from what I've read, your advice on SMA and vicinty is usually sound
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

topping- Appreciate any help!
Anyone have a modest SMA hotel to suggest? I found excellent airfare, but no hotel reservations. I emailed a few but got no responses. It feels like I may have to put SMA aside for another time. Any other local towns I might have better luck booking for March? How is Guanajuato? Will things be close walking distance to their center if I make that or Morelia my destination instead? I was trying to grasp how far Moerlia is from SMA- does an hour sound right? Now I need to secure a hotel before the good airefare disappears. Thanks Yestravel and mikemo, wunderground.com is a great resource, but I didn't find what I needed on trip advisor.
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 06:37 AM

nd,
Did you use the search box on the TA town specific Forums for hotels, etc.?
Guanajuato and Patzcuaro, Michoacan are wonderful.
Morelia is easily reached from Gto. Check www.primeraplus.com.mx for schedules and fares.
I'm assuming you are flying into BJX viz QRO or MEX. There are no airport busses from BJX and a taxi is $30.+ US into Gto. - more than the shuttle to SMdA if you're alone.
M
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

topping.
I seem to be making slow work of this. Your're right, I would probably be flying in & out of MEX. Anyone stay in Morelia, Guanajuato or Patzcuaro in the past year & have any specific recommendations? Which towns you preferred, hotels/B & B's stayed in. Thanks!
mikemo thanks for the general info.
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 04:30 PM

You may click on my "name" here or on any of the www.tripadvisor.com forums for recommendations.
Buen viaje.
M (SMdA, Gto.)