Search

Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reservations

Hello! My husband and I will be heading to Costra Rica in early February. Do you think it is necessary to make any tour reservations prior to getting there? We'll be around Arenal for a couple nights and then in Manuel Antonio where we're planning on doing a Canopy Tour and a Sea Kayaking Tour. With it being dry season and pretty touristy I'm wondering if we'll have a hard time going on the tours when we'd like to go.

Thanks in advance! I've been watching this site for months and there is a lot of helpful info posted!

Jennifer
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 04:24 PM

Hi Jennifer-

With you being in CR during the dry season I would go ahead and make reservations. Sometimes rooms at the bigger tourist areas, like Arenal and Manuel Antonio, can be hard to find or you may not get the type of room you want. In the green season you can pretty luch fly by the seat of your pants, we did this one year and it worked out great.

I hope you have a wonderful time!
Patty
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 05:33 PM

You have your room reservations and that is important. I have never had any trouble going on tours and I have been in March also. If you know you definitely want to do certain things, just for peace of mind, you could go ahead and book them. Most people book the tours at their hotels when they get there.
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 01:38 AM

Hola, yes it will be still dry season..about reservation of tours, I do not think you have to reserve more than 1-2 days in advance. have a good time, Mychelle
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I feel better about knowing that as long as we have our rooms booked we can get away with booking tours when we get down there. All in all I'm just an anal planning nut and since we are on vacation I probably could live a little and go with the flow... Oh how I am ready for a vacation!!!

Thanks Again!
Jennifer
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 02:00 AM

First week of Feb. should be fine. It's the 2nd week that I'd be concerned with as it is school vacation week and you can't get a flight out of the East Coast to get there. Seems like everyone has now decided it is O.K. to travel again.
So long as you have your hotel res. you will be fine. They can always find you a trip.