Requesting info on Hotel Cabo San Lucas

Apr 27th, 2000, 08:50 AM
tim

Requesting info on Hotel Cabo San Lucas

We are considering this resort, if anyone has any feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

May 12th, 2000, 09:33 PM
Denise

I don't recoginize this name. We were in Cabo in Feb. for the 3rd time. We found Cabo to be quite changed from prior visits - very overpriced and it just seemed like every where we looked, we got ripped off. If you are prepared to pay $4/US for a beer then ok but I think that is ridiculous. Try somewhere else.

Jun 13th, 2000, 03:46 PM
andrew

i am also considering hotel cabo san lucas for this august/septemeber....my travel agent's son went there for his honeymoon and enjoyed it....it seems to be fairly secluded.

i'd lvoe to hear from someone who has actually been there, though.

Jun 14th, 2000, 08:36 AM
marilyn

The Hotel Cabo San Lucas is the original luxury resort started by Bud Parr, one of the pioneers in the area, in the sixties. People like it for the privacy, since it has lots of property compared to the room count. It is out "on the coridor" so you have to take a taxi to town. There are newer places, but lots of people still enjoy this original. We actually stayed at the Melia San Lucas because everyone said our teenager would be bored at the Hotel Cabo San Lucas, but from its web site it looks like a property that my hushasnd and I, had we been alone, would have preferred, ie, smaller, more colonial Mexican atmosphere, etc. I would have to agree that the prices in Cabo San Lucas were the highest we have ever seen anywhere in Mexico. The area is gorgeous, though, and I preferred it to the more jungly beach resorts.

Jun 22nd, 2000, 09:03 PM
Ann Gallardo

We are considering staying at the Melia San Lucas or the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar or any other suggestions. Two adults.....one 23 year old and one 7 year old. Thanks

Jun 23rd, 2000, 10:09 AM
marilyn

We stayed at the Melia San Lucas because we thought it would be lively for our teenager, and because the pool area looked so nice. It IS in a very good location, in walking distance to town and with a stunning view of land's end, but I would never stay there again. The rooms have that great view, but are otherwise somewhat tired and the bathrooms seemed small. The service was bad to nonexistent: we did not get our prepaid room on arrival, and had to spend the first night in a room with a king-sized bed (the three of us!) and no rollaway, and they could have cared less. The pool is nice, but you had to get up at 7 am and spread stuff on the chairs if you wanted to have a chair later. Food very boring. Sorry to sound so whiny, but I was expecting better for my $350 a night.

Not familiar with the other property you mention.

Jun 23rd, 2000, 07:48 PM
Ann Gallardo

Where would you stay if you went back?

Jun 25th, 2000, 09:29 PM
kathy

walked the grounds which are beautiful and quiet as well as the beach. Not too far from town. A short taxi ride or they may have a shuttle.

Search this Thread