Reload this Page >

Recommendations Needed for Cancun

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 1997, 01:12 PM
Candace Cowan

My family of four (two adults, two teenage girls) would like to travel to Cancun next June for a week or so. Should we stay at an all-inclusive (such as Moon Palace) or a pay-as-you-go? What resorts would you recommend? We are interested in water sports, such as snorkeling and scuba diving, lounging in the pool, good food -- you get the picture! I'm having lots of trouble getting reliable information about the area. Thanks.

Old Sep 19th, 1997, 06:13 AM
Don / Boston

Been to Cancun twice in last seven months (stayed four nights at Cancun Palace and 7 nights at Sun Palace) also visited Moon Palace. Not a big fan of Moon Palace it"s location is to remote and while its pools are wonderful its beach is very mediocre (lots of seaweed). We stayed at Sun Palace and loved it it is in a great location to "see" Cancun and is on a beautiful beach. Moon Palace is very "lovebirdy" and is quite a distant from many of the fun things to do in Cancun. I personally don't feel you need to do "all inclusive" in Cancun There are tons of fun and reasonable places to eat as long as you pick a hotel in a good location. There also is an excellent "Cancun Chatboard" available. Email me if you have more questions. Our Family of 4 (boy age 9, daughter age 15) went in July and had a great time !!

Old Oct 12th, 1997, 03:16 AM
Mim & Ron

We do not recommend an all inclusive. We have traveled to Mexico over two dozen times with and without the kids. The reason we don't like the all inclusive is that it restricts your time too much. We are up and gone before breakfast, never return to the hotel in time for lunch and we would miss all the great variety of Restaurants if we had to return to our hotel to eat.
If going to Cancun, stay as close to the convention center area as possible. This is where you will spend the great majority of your time and there are lots of things to do.
If you are active, the area south of cancun is great for day trips(you will miss your all inclusive meals) and well worth visiting.

Old Oct 15th, 1997, 04:47 PM
Teresa Blenner

Traveling to Cancun in Feb. and staying at the
Marriott CasaMagna for our 20th Ann. is it a nice
place? Good beach?? We have never been to Mexico
and to get out of Iowa in Feb. will be fun!!!!

Old Oct 15th, 1997, 04:48 PM
Teresa Blenner

Traveling to Cancun in Feb. and staying at the
Marriott CasaMagna for our 20th Ann. is it a nice
place? Good beach?? We have never been to Mexico
and to get out of Iowa in Feb. will be fun!!!!

Old Oct 15th, 1997, 06:23 PM
Jim T

We went to Cancun last January and loved it. A little bit touristy, but....... We stayed at the Hyatt Cancun Caribe and loved it. We wanted to be out of the main convention area. The Hyatt is a few miles south. Great beaches, the ruins are close, moderate prices everywhere....... We are palnning a trip to Playa del Carmen in January this year.