Search

Questions about MA Tours

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about MA Tours

I'm looking for some insight on which tours to take in Manuel Antonio. My husband and I will be there from 5/27 to 5/30 - the more challenging/adventurous, the better. Here's what we want to do:

Horseback ride: we heard good things about Finca Valmy as well as the trip to the Nauyaca Falls - we are experienced riders and was wondering if anyone let's you canter with the horses at points during the rides.

Canyoning/Waterfall Rappelling: looking for any good suggestions on a tour for this in the MA area

Off shore fishing: My husband loves to fish so we will do a full day of this - not sure if Quepos area is better or if it's good out of MA as well - it's just the two of us, so we would consider going with a local to save on costs as long as they have the right equipment OR would be interested in possibly splitting a trip with another couple - probably have to put up a diff post for that. If someone knows of a good charter or local, please let me know.

We're going to raft the Pacuare when we head back to San Jose, so we've got that one nailed down at least!

Thanks
KKraus
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 03:57 PM

We loved the Damas Island Boat Tour (goes into the mangrove swamps). It might be too tame for you though- not adventurous, just relaxing with great birding and wildlife- we saw a pygmy anteater.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 04:08 PM

We rode with Finca Valmy last year & we did canter. We had a great time!
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 04:14 PM

Just remember that it will be hot in MA.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions - we'll probably keep to mostly water sports
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 02:47 PM

I will be in MA during that same time! Hope to see you there!
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

hey carcarter, hope to see you there too! We are most likely staying at Mango Moon, where are you staying?
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 05:39 PM

Hi Kristen

Daughter and I don't care to fish but husband would like to go out one day depending upon cost and the day you choose to go. I'm sure my daughter and I can find something to keep us occupied (cha-ching!). If you and your husband don't mind, I'll email you in a few to see what you have planned. It might be better to wait until you get there to make arrangements for a fishing trip.

46 sleeps to go.

Diane
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 04:26 AM

K: The fishing is done out of Quepos as that is where all the boats are anchored out. From Quepos, the fishing charters go out to what is referred to as "26" and that is where all the best deep sea fishing is located! May is a great time to fish and a bit more cloud cover than March so a bit cooler esp. after a brief shower. Don't let it fool you though ... remember your sunscreen and apply it liberally and often. There are several charters companies in Quepos and I'd be more than happy to recommend a few if you want to email me. Oh, and there are lots of places that will "cook your catch too" And seawitch ... maybe the gals would enjoy some day spa treatments!? Lots of spas in the area. Hope this helps! Lisa in M. Antonio