Reload this Page >

Puerto Vallarta - LaJolla de Mismaloya

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 1999, 03:08 PM
liz

Has anyone out there been to this resort in PV? We are planning a trip to PV, never been there before, for Easter 2000. We are a family of 4, 2 kids aged 11 & 12. We like good beach, water sports, and activities not to far from our hotel, ie, restaurants, shopping. I have read that the area south of PV is the prettiest. Any opinions or any recommendations for other places to stay?

Old May 6th, 1999, 04:42 PM
Earl

We were there several years ago. Very nice hotel, big swimming pool which kids would like. Beach so-so, but beach peddlers make it almost un-inhabitable; but this is the case with all beaches in Puertro Vallarta. Hotel is far away from other eating places, shopping, so you need a car or take bus.

Old May 7th, 1999, 08:05 AM
liz

Hi Earl - Since this resort is not convenient and the beach is so-so, where do you recommend that has a better beach and is closer to the "action" but we don't want to be in the midst of a big city and crowds. We usually go to Cabo and stay at Villa Del Palmar, about 3/4 mile from the town. Very nice, good beach -- we love it. Wanted to try something new but now after reading your response I am not so sure. Your opinion would be most appreciated. Any other resort area in Mexico that you would recommend?

Old May 7th, 1999, 01:49 PM
tricia

Hi Liz, <BR>I have had many friends with children stay at the Mismaloya and love it. I always thought that the beach there was very nice. Vallarta is a very special place with lots of culture and adventure. The hotel is a bit far from town but the busses run regularly. The best beaches in PV are either north or south of town (Las Animas, Yelapa, Quimixto are south and Punta De Mita, Destiladeras, Bucerias are north). Downtown beaches during easter can get quite busy. But, PV is to be explored outside of the hotel. There are jungles, villages, secluded beaches, rivers all to be seen either by foot, horseback, jeep, mountain bike, plane and the list goes on..... The people of Vallarta are warm and friendly, restaurants are Great! <BR>There is the marina district which has wonderful hotels with kids programs and water parks too if that is of interrest. <BR>Well, I can go on and on..... if you want other information, please feel free to e-mail me direct. <BR>Tricia <BR>pv resident 10 years

Old May 7th, 1999, 05:04 PM
jj

I would suggest you look into the "Mayan Riviara' which is playa del carmen are south of Cancun. You fly into Cancun and drive 1/2 hr or so south. We had friends stay at Iberostar and LOVED it. No vendors, beautiful beaches, caribbean waters.

Old May 7th, 1999, 05:05 PM
jj

I would suggest you look into the "Mayan Riviara' which is playa del carmen are south of Cancun. You fly into Cancun and drive 1/2 hr or so south. We had friends stay at Iberostar and LOVED it. No vendors, beautiful beaches, caribbean waters.

jj

jj

jj

Old May 7th, 1999, 05:09 PM
jj

Old May 7th, 1999, 05:09 PM
jj

Old May 7th, 1999, 05:11 PM
jj

Old May 7th, 1999, 05:13 PM
jj

Old May 7th, 1999, 05:14 PM
jj

I would suggest you look into the "Mayan Riviara' which is playa del carmen are south of Cancun. You fly into Cancun and drive 1/2 hr or so south. We had friends stay at Iberostar and LOVED it. No vendors, beautiful beaches, caribbean waters

Old May 8th, 1999, 09:41 AM
jj

I would suggest you look into the "Mayan Riviara' which is playa del carmen are south of Cancun. You fly into Cancun and drive 1/2 hr or so south. We had friends stay at Iberostar and LOVED it. No vendors, beautiful beaches, caribbean waters

Old May 8th, 1999, 11:33 AM
Earl

Liz, <BR> <BR>Dug out our pictures of Mismaloya. Might have been a little hasty about the beach; it looks nice in the pictures. But it was covered with annoying beach peddlers and we avoided nd stayed in the hotel grounds.It is far away from the action, tho. Other than these drawbacks, it was a pleasant place to stay. <BR>We stayed at several other hotels in PV as we had trouble getting a return flight, and they also were nice hotels, but plagued by beach pests. The downtown is cute and has good eating and shopping <BR>I need to say that we were there in 1992 <BR>and maybe things have changed. The countryside is pretty (much different from Cabo) and there are some interesting and scenic sidetrips. <BR> <BR>Cancun has excellent beaches and lots of action (and people). We went to a Club Med there years ago (w/kids) and had a good time. Outstanding snorkeling right off the beach. Your kids would probably like the Club Med. It's away from all the other Hotels and of course , there's lots of things to do. <BR> <BR>We have only been to PV, Cancun & Cabo San Lucas (which we liked, also) in Mexico. There are extensive Mayan ruins around Cancun which are definitely worth seeing <BR> <BR>If I were going to the Cancun area again, I would check out Playa del Carmen, which seems like it would be more pleasant than Cancun, which, to my taste, is getting overdeveloped.....Good luck in your search..Earl

Old May 9th, 1999, 08:45 PM
Tomi

Liz, I highly recommend visiting Ixtapa/Zhijataniho (sorry, can't spell right), south of PV and a little north of Acapulco. <BR> <BR>Lots of good restaurants and shops, yet relatively mellow and quiet. Zhijataneho is a pretty town to stroll around. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old May 12th, 1999, 09:24 AM
BARNEY

<BR>LIZ-- PV IS FANTASTIC AND YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME I'M SURE. LA JOLLA IS FARTHER THAN MOST HOTELS. I WOULD RECOMMEND THE CAMINO REAL. IT HAS IT'S OWN PRIVATE BEACH JUST SOUTH OF TOWN AND IS ONLY A FEW MINUTES VIA CAB. VERY CLEAN WITH SEVERAL RESTRAUNTS ,2 POOLS.

Old May 13th, 1999, 05:03 PM
JR

Liz, I would also recommend the Camino Real. <BR>For activities check out my information site at <BR>http:www.vallarta-info.com <BR>Hasta, <BR>JR <BR>

Old May 17th, 1999, 10:28 AM
mary

<BR>Dear Liz : I am Mary, I live in Puerto Vallarta, and really Puerto Vallarta is just great. The Jolla de Mismaloya is one of the most beautiful resorts, and it is a little bit farther out of town than others, but by taxi it will take you not more than 20 minutes to get to the downtown area. That is not so bad. <BR>All the South-beaches are the best ones. <BR>Camino Real and the Jolla de Mismaloya both have beautiful beaches. <BR>R¿The beach at the Camino Real is a bit more private, but the Jolla de Mismaloya has much better rooms, they are basically suites, and also the swimming-pool area is much more beautiful. <BR>Send me an e-mail if you have any questions , and I will be happy to help you. My e-mail is [email protected] <BR>For activities, check the web-page : <BR>http://www.royale-tours.com