Puerto Vallarta info needed

Oct 14th, 2003, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Puerto Vallarta info needed

Hi... has anyone stayed at the Puerto de Luna All-Suites Resort in Puerto Vallarta? Also, is there enough to do in PV and the surrounding areas for 8 days? We're considering going there in late November. If we get a package deal, which seems like the most affordable way to take this trip, we're locked in to the same hotel and so we're contemplating what to do. Thanks. -Cheryl
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:18 PM

I haven't stayed there but do live here. I've heard the rooms are "ok" but not great.

Yes, I do think you will find enough to do and late November should be good weather. Probably still a little hot but it would be rare if it was still raining.

Highly suggest taking a day to explore North or South. You can rent a car or go on the bus. Sayulita, San Pancho are cool little places or even a trip to the Los Veneros Beach Club up North will provide a different look into the area.

If you can afford/like organized tours use Vallarta Adventures. Las Caletas by Day, Canopy, Sierra Madre are all excellent trips. $70 per person with food and drinks.

Oct 15th, 2003, 03:40 PM

i am also planning a trip to pv. i found most packages not good deals. i actually think i am looking at wrong places. May I ask u what package are you looking at? I will be flying out from nyc.
thanks,
mohan
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:50 AM

I am also going at the end of November,
have been going every yr for the last 15yrs sometimes 2x a year, As for that resort I don't know anything about it but if I am not mistaken I don't think it is on the beach. try trip advisor.com
it is a good site for all the hotels in P.Vallarta. as for things to do it has a lot to offer. As for our price on this trip we are leaving from Philadelphia and staying for 9 days in Nuevo which is the other side of P. vallarta this is the first time we are trying this area and it's all inclusive we are paying $2700 for 2 adults. I recommend you stay in P. Vallarta for your first visit try the Camino Real it has a beauty beach and it's a good location we stayed there in March. Any more questions you can e mail me @[email protected] Good Luck
Oct 16th, 2003, 07:31 PM

Puerto Vallarta is pretty spread out (around the Bay of Banderas. If you stay in Nuevo Vallarta, The Marina, Hotel Zone, El Centro, or areas south ... you'll have very different experiences.

As a PV regular, I advise looking at a map over any specific hotel property!

I've recently seen Hotel Rosita on package deals (I have not stayed there but it is an ideal downtown location, if seeing downtown, shopping, restaurants, etc. with things in walking distance appeal to you).

But if you would rather find an all inclusive resort relaxing vacation, that's different, and probably north or south of town is what you're after.