Search

Puerto Vallarta at Xmas

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2000, 09:21 AM
jeff

Puerto Vallarta at Xmas

I would like to go to PV at or just after Xmas with my wife and 3 older teenage kids. We do not want to stay at an all inclusive and do not want to be isolated. If the kids want to go into town (or wherever the fun is), I want them to be able to walk or cab there easily....hopefully walk to keep the cab bills down. What are your recommendations? It would be best if the resort/hotel/timeshare rental had a nice beach. Also, what are your restaurant recommendations? Thanks to all.

Old May 27th, 2000, 06:16 PM
Dennis

<BR>How about an apartment in downtown Puerto Vallarta located about 5 blocks from the beach and all of the action that teenagers could want. Everything is within walking distance. I go PV 3 times a year for a month each time and always stay in apartments. Its private and less expensive than hotels and condos. The se apartments are located in old town and I would say that there must be 100 restaurants within a short walking distance. http://vallartamexico.com/index.html. <BR>I would make my flight and hotel reservations as early as possible in order not to get shut out. Its a very popular place over Christmas and New Years. Hasta Luego - Dennis

Old May 28th, 2000, 10:24 AM
jeff

Dennis, thanks for the reply. I will look into the apartments. However, having three older teenage kids, besides the beach and the action/fun of the city, I am sure they would like a pool to jump into. Do the apartments have pools? What's your advice?

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 03:59 PM
Jim

We are taking a cruise that that leaves Dec 24 from LA fo 7 days. One stop is PV. Two years ago when did the Xmas cruise. PV wasn't all that exciting. Our 14 year old daughter has been on 2 cruises. Alaska and So Carribean. She has a great time. <BR> <BR>The cruise has all the entertainment and social activities they need. All the entertainment and food is included. And you know where they are most of the time. (Can't get too lost on the ship.) Add up a hotel, meals, and such and the cruise isn't cheap but reasonable. <BR> <BR>For the 3 of us in an outside cabin $2,927. Try visiting Best Price Cruises <BR>www.bestpricecruises.com or [email protected] <BR>PS I wouldn't want to spend a week in PV

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 04:45 PM
mary

Hi,my name is Mary and I live in Puerto Vallarta. I will be happy to help you to chose the best option for you in Puerto Vallarta. Where are you flying from ? Normally the best packages are the ones with flight & hotel together, and there should be a tour-operator in your area selling these packages. <BR>If you could get one of their brochures and you would send me the names of those hotels that seem attractive to you and that fit into your budget, I will be happy to tell you which would be your 'best buy'. <BR>I am sure you will have a great time in Puerto Vallarta, if you are looking for activities and excursions, I can recommend you to have a look at the page of http://www.royale-tours.com as well. <BR>Let me know if you have any questions !

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 09:34 AM
Nina

Hi Jeff: I was in PV 3 years ago for Christmas & New Years - 2 weeks. We stayed outside of PV in an all-inclusive. Had the time of our lives - lots to see an do. Went to Christmas Mass - the church was all done up and the service was in English and Spanish - lots of locals went to the service - it's a real Mexican feel - beautiful experenice for us. I think your children will have a blast in PV. Taxis are cheap, take them at night to keep the cost down. During the day it's perfectly safe to take the buses - just don't take the bus at night -real cheap! On the boardwalk during Sunday's is the best - Mexican's come down with their families all dressed up - it's wonderful to see the children in brillant coloured clothes. There's a market downtown and some vendors on the boardwalk. Rent horses and take a ride in the mountains - wonderful view. New Years was wonderful - our hotel had a Gala for the night with fireworks on the beach - but, when we looked along the coast many of the hotels had fireworks going off at midnight - what a sight!! Hope this helps you with your decision.

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 10:43 AM
mexicodan

Try the book Pacific Mexico Handbook by Bruce Whipperman which covers all the hotels in PV from expensive to cheap. <BR> <BR>I personally stay on Playa Los Muertos at the Hotel Tropicana Amapas No. 214 (Fx. 01152-322-26737). Right on the beach, all the rooms have views, and within walking distance to everything. <BR> <BR>adios! <BR> <BR>[email protected] <BR>www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm