Private Bus Transfer to Osa for Large Group

Jun 11th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Original Poster

Private Bus Transfer to Osa for Large Group

First of all, thank you to everyone that provided me with great advice for planning my honeymoon. I am also a teacher that will be taking a group of students to Costa Rica in a few weeks. I feel so lucky to get to experience Costa Rica twice this summer...yet the experiences will be vastly different

Unfortunately, we just learned that due to a major hike in fuel prices, we can no longer afford plane tickets from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez for our group of 22 people.

However, I am now trying to find information on private bus companies that could accommodate our group and drive us from San Jose or Manuel Antonio to Osa. I think we may be able to afford this type of transportation, although I know it would be a grueling drive.

If you know of any reputable companies that may be able to help us, please respond to this post. Our group will be leaving for Costa Rica on July 3rd, so I will need to make arrangements in a hurry.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:34 AM

t, if you don't get many posts, I would check with your hotels. We've had our hotels arrange everything from flights to private drivers for us and always find them to be very helpful.
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:50 AM

vgirl has a good suggestion. You might also check with Interbus as they do offer private service and they have both smaller passenger vans and larger buses.
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:45 PM

All is not lost!

The driver we use has done many large groups with a bus. This is fairly short notice so he may not be available but worth a try. He would also have to work out the logistics of getting a bus for you. He generally hires a bus and driver and acts as a guide.

I would also contact anywherecostarica. I believe they have larger buses in their fleet. I have used them with no problem.
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:46 PM

Just checked anywherecostarica and they do have larger buses.

our driver is
[email protected]