Costa Rica: Anyone done these activities?

Jun 10th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Costa Rica: Anyone done these activities?

Hey Costa Rica experts,
I've posted a couple of questions here, but mostly I've been "lurking" and absorbing information as I help plan a July trip for 2 families.

I've seen what I need to know about most activities but there are a couple I have not seen, and wonder if anyone knows anything about these.

1) dining in a tree house in Jaco area (supposed to be about 10 min. from Jaco). Might be called Adventure Dining. $75 per person and must reserve ahead, supposed to be very romantic. I would expect it to be very special at that price, but if it was the adults might do it for a splurge.
2) Snorkeling in Herradura bay, after a 15 min boat ride to snorkeling site - I hadn't thought about snorkeling but others are interested.

If anyone knows about either of these I'd love your opinion.
I'm sure I'll be posting more questions soon when it gets closer to time to leave (but I promise not to ask if it is going to rain!) Thanks in advance! Lisa
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:37 PM

We haven't been snorkeling in that particular area, but for the most part, the snorkeling in CR is not good. We went in MA in July, and there was so much sediment in the water that we really couldn't see much. I hope you have better luck.
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:55 PM

We did adventure dining last July. Food is ok. They have an open self serve bar but the views are amazing. Our pictures were incredible.
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies!

Volcanogirl, that is what I had thought about the snorkeling - maybe it's different if you get away from shore. Probably won't put it at the top of the list - too many other good things to do.

Jpg, good to know that if we go we should do it for the experience rather than the food. We may go over to the Pura Vida Gardens where it is located and check it out first. The gardens certainly look worth seeing anyway.
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:38 PM

Hi, lfm - we did get away from the shore, and it was still bad; we did a sailing excursion that took us to this "great" snorkeling area, but there was so much sediment in the water that we couldn't see a thing. I think you're right not to make it a priority.