Pregnant travel!

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 09:50 AM
first time mom

Pregnant travel!

My hubby and I have booked a trip to Aventura Spa Palace in February, but just found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant. I will be around 17 weeks when we take the trip. This is my first trip to Mexico and first baby, so if anyone has any tips to make the experience easier and enjoyable I would really appreciate it! I am feeling a little nervous about travelling! I do hope that this morning sickness (which is more like all day sickness!) is gone by then! Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 10:16 AM
aMom

You should be fine. At 17 weeks you should over the hump with morning sickness and not too big to feel uncomfortable. I went to Grand Cayman, 5 months pregnant with my 1st. A day after we arrived, we were evacuated to a school because a hurricane (I think it was Gilbert) was on it's way. I spent the night sleeping on the floor of the gymnasium. It wasn't the luxury I had planned but it was tolerable. <BR>You should be perfectly comfortable at that resort. At that resort, the food and drinks should not cause any major problems. The water is purified. Check with your Dr. for any extra advice and don't worry.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 10:17 AM
amom

1 more thing, for peice of mind, buy travel insurance, just in case you need to cancel or cut the vacation short.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 11:10 AM
first time mom

Thanx for the advice. We do have travel insurance just in case, so that gives some peace of mind.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Kelly

I just had my first baby 4 months ago. We went on a cruise to the western carribbean when I was 5 months pregnant, it was perfect timing and it was wonderful. You will have a great trip and you should cut loose and enjoy it before your baby is born. Have fun!!

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 06:45 AM
first time mom

Thank you Kelly! I was just thinking that it will probably be our last chance for an &quot;adult only&quot; vacation for a long time! It's nice to know that other people have been in my position before and it's not a big deal. Thanks again!

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:24 AM
bp

I also traveled to Mexico when I was about 15 weeks along, luckily I had not gained much weight so I could still wear shorts!<BR><BR>My doctor advised taking Pepto Bismol every day to prevent Montazuma's revenge. It worked -just make sure to drink lots of bottled water - by the way the sun felt great!!!

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:18 AM
first time mom

Is it safe to take Pepto Bismol when you are pregnant? Or would I be better to stick to Acidopholus or something natural instead?

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:52 AM
2nd time mom 2b

I am 7 months pregnant with my 2nd baby and heading to Club Med in Ixtapa on Saturday. I traveled 5 months pregnant w/ my 1st baby, and had a ball. You will be so glad you did this- just relax and enjoy. I would avoid eating fruit or having drinks with ice if you go out anywhere you aren't certain has purified water- but otherwise I wouldn't worry. Check with your ob about what medication you should take with you &quot;in case.&quot; Good luck and have fun!

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Anne-Marie

Have travelled alot while pregnant (and while pregnant with other little kids - the things you will do to get a vacation!) and never had any problems. You will be over your 1st trimester, so not to worry. Relax, eat, pamper yourself, sleep lots and just enjoy everything because in another 23 (approx) weeks all that will change, for the better of course!