Search

Posting Photos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posting Photos

I got back my photos and some of them came out great. I do not have a web page. Is there any place to post my photos so that you people can see them?

I have been emailing the photos through Kodak EasyShare software. I would love to show you people these photos especially since you have been so wonderful in helping me plan my vacation.
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:15 PM

I recently started using www.kodakgallery.com. Have been pleased with it so far. It used to be Ofoto.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Hi Shillac:

How do I give people on this forum access to a photo album on kodakgallery.com? I know how to email access but do not know how send a link. Your help is appreciated.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:39 PM

Good question--and one I don't know the answer to. I've only invited people to browse my albums by e-mail. If you give us your e-mail address, those who would like to see your photos could contact you.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

I called Ofoto and you are correct. The only way for anyone to see the photos is for me to email access to the photo album.

If anyone wants to see my photos of Arenal, Monteverde, and Manuel Antonio, send me your email address to [email protected]

It was a fantastic trip.

I'll gladly send them to you
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 10:41 AM

Thanx !
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 11:15 AM

Thanx again Dariow , really super photos ! Beautiful ..... Faith
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 04:28 PM

I'd love to see them, too!

[email protected]
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 07:30 PM

Well dariow ...I ate to say it but Ofoto
is wrong.

You can send the album by just sending the website address.

I put some of my Huatulco Mexico pictures into the Ofoto Album site.

Then I sent it to a friend here in our city.. got the e-mail back from him and he said"yep , got the pictures ..no problems."

I did NOT send them via e-mail.

Here is what you do:

1.Go to your Ofoto website
2.Type in your e-mail address and your own password.
3. Then click on the album you want to open.
4. Now once you open the Album you will see all your pictures in a thumbnail size ..you are able to click on any picture to make it larger ..correct.!

5.Okay now that you are in, and your Album is open.....

6.Look up into the website address, that line beside the address box and below your tool bar at the top of the page the line that usually has the http:// in it.

Well you highlite this complete bar.

7.Then you click on "Edit"

8.The you click on "Copy"

9. Then you bring up the place in Fodors that you want the "paste" from the Edit area to go to .

Place the marker into the Fodors area that you want to "paste" this line and that is it you are done.

As an extra test I just sent my Album to two places in my City via the website way and NOT the e-mail way.

They just picked up the phone and called me and said ," Yes, we just got your pictures ."

So if Ofoto told you can only e-mail them , ofto is wrong...sorry about that.!!!

Percy
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much Percy. I wish you worked for Kodak Technical Support. Hee Hee

Listed below is the link to my photos. Pura Vida and enjoy.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...p;sort_order=0
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 10:39 AM

Are you sure these are your pictures?!?!?!? I thought I was flipping through the pages of National Geographic! ;-) You have a wonderful eye for photography! Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful photos with all of us. They're so good I had to stop a quarter of the way through them and post how nice they are.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 10:50 AM

dariow - Did you post a trip report? I looked back a little ways and didn't see anything. If you haven't posted a trip report, can you tell me the places you visited? Thanks!
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your kind words, Fuzzy_Navel. (I won't even ask where you got that nickname from. hee hee)

In the name of honesty, I did not take 24 of those photos. They were taken and sent to me by someone I met during my trip. She took fantastic photos so I decided to include them for you folks to see.

Listed below is my trip report that I posted when I got back:
==============================

Author: dariow
Date: 03/24/2005, 06:39 pm
I am back from Costa Rica, and I had a FANTASTIC TIME. I’ll discuss hotel and regional experiences under separate posts.

Arenal-La Fortuna-Hotel Montaña de Fuego

Day 1: From the airport, I went shopping at Sarchi. If you buy Costa Rican wood products, I suggest that you buy it in Sarchi. It is much more expensive in other parts of the country.

Day 1a: I spent the rest of the day and evening with a wonderful family in Ciudad Quesada who I met online. One of my favorite activities is cycling, so I did a google search for cycling in Costa Rica. I found a cycling club in Ciudad Quesada. I emailed the club inquiring about cycling in Costa Rica, and a club member named Carito responded and we became instant friends. Carito and her husband Adolfo are amongst the nicest and sweetest people I have ever met.

Day 2:. I did white water rafting in the Sarapiqui River. It was wonderful. The scenery at both ends of the bank was spectacular.

Day 3: Cycling Tour: This was a paid cycling tour in the La Fortuna area. The tropical scenery was very nice, but I did not like the bike that this tour supplied. Plus I ended up riding with about 30 people from Holland who spent 4 hours telling me how slimy American people are. It got old fast. We rode some steep climbs near the volcano and Lake Arenal that had great views.

Day 4: My bike ride with Carito: Carito is the wonderful lady I met in Ciudad Quesada. THIS WAS CLEARLY MY BEST DAY IN COSTA RICA. After spending 3 minutes with Carito, it felt like she was my daughter. She is absolutely a SWEETHEART of a person. First she planned/offered to loan me her husband’s mountain bicycle, which is so sweet since I am a perfect stranger. Then when she picked me up for the bicycle ride that we planned, she instead showed up with a road bike for me (which is rare in Costa Rica) since she knew I preferred road bikes more since that is what I ride in the States. Carito’s nature is to go out of her way to please people and not ask for anything in return. I wish I knew more people like that. She took me around for a 5 hour circular ride through fantastic countryside past the water fall. It started out warm and humid and then it poured rain on us of about 3 inches of rain in less than an hour. Then I got a flat tire and we were stranded for a short time until she hunted down a bicycle pump. It was a beautiful ride with spectacular scenery with a very special person I am honored to call my friend. I was telling Carito that when I talk about this trip in 20 years, I remember the ride with her the most. This day was truly PURA VIDA!! It just doesn’t get better than this.

Day 4b: I went on the Arenal Volcano tour, which included hot springs and dinner at Tabacon. The tour was fun. We climbed the lava rocks and saw some birds and a baby Fer da Lance snake.
I was sun burned from my earlier bike ride thus I could not get in the hot springs for long. The dinner at the Tabacon was fair. The views on the Volcano tour were wonderful.

Day 5: Drive to Monteverde-3 Nights La Fonda Vela-The drive took about 3 hours since the roads are in poor condition. We stopped to take photos of fantastic views and pequeño pueblos. (small towns) I especially loved taking pictures of the tico kids. They are sooooooooo sweet. I did a night walk in Monteverde. It was great. I got to see several tarantulas, a green viper, several birds, a lizard, and many insects.

Day 6: I went in to the bank in Monteverde to pay my respects and deliver two important messages to the bank president and staff: 1) The American people come to Costa Rica because we love and adore the Tico people and that we feel terrible about what happened to them. 2) It is my hope that the employees return to work soon and get back to their normal lives. It is my belief that if they do not return to normality soon, then these murderous bastards win. Pura vida sin miedoso. (Pure life without fear) The original employees were on leave and the president of the bank thanked me for my visit and said he would pass on my message.

Day 6a: I went on the canopy and bridge walk. The canopy was sooooooooooooooo much fun. At the end of the canopy, they have a tarzan/bungee type rope they strap you to and you swing free fall off a cliff. As they were strapping me on to the rope, I was saying, “me llamo Dario el pendejito” (My name is Dario the FOOL) since I was soooooooo scared. This of course cracked the staff up hence they pushed me higher and spun me around. I was SCREAMING!!!. It was fantastic!! I did not see any animals on the bridge walk but the view of the forest was spectacular.

Day 6b: I went on another night walk. I saw more animals on the night walk than during the day in Monteverde. It is a bit spooky. You are walking in the pitch dark and you feel a branch or leaf on your shoulder that scares the HELL out of you. These guides amaze me how the find animals in the distance I could not find 2 inches away. Those click insects that glow in the dark are cool.

Day 7: I did a tour on the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. It was very beautiful with spectacular plant life but I did not see many animals. I did see some sloths and owls. I walked around town of Monteverde at night.

Day 7b: I went on the coffee tour. It was a bit touristy but I had a few hours to kill so this was fun.

Day 8: Drive to Manuel Antonio. The drive took 6 hours due to the horrible roads. (and I mean realllllllllllllly horrible roads J) The scenery was beautiful though. About 10 miles north of Quepos, we stopped over an overpass where we saw about 30 crocodiles in a river. Great photo opportunities (from a distance) hee hee

I stayed at La Mariposa Hotel

Day 8: I walked around in Quepos. Yuck!! The people were nice but this place is so damn touristy and a bit dirty. In hindsight, I would have gone northwest instead of to Manuel Antonio. Too many damn tourists in Quepos/MA. Plus most of the employees there are not even ticos.

Day 9: I did a kayak ride in dama estuary. This was my first time on a kayak and we actual found a baby crocodile in the water. Scared the hell out of me. J This was fun but frustrating since I was not that great at it.

Day 9a: I walked down to the beach (Steep walk back) and I enjoyed a swim. Lovely beach and warm water.

Day 10: In the morning I went on a tour in Manuel Antonio Park. I saw lots of monkeys, bats, birds, and iguanas. A monkey stole a kid’s bag of popcorn and ran up a tree waving the popcorn. Great photo shot. Very beautiful although hot as hell out.

Day 10b: I went horseback riding out to the waterfalls. It rained at least 5 inches in a few hours. We were soaked. It was soooooooo much fun to ride in the mud. J Spectacular views especially of the waterfall. It was great.

Day 11: Flew in a small plane from Quepos to San Jose and then went home.

It was a WONDERFUL vacation playing outside with spectacular people. I cannot wait to go back.

Old Apr 5th, 2005, 07:20 PM

Hi dariow

Nice report and very nice pictures.

Pictures always bring back memories of places one has visited.

I agree the road to and from Monteverde is something to behold!!

Thanks again, it sound like you had a terrific time.

Percy
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 09:47 AM

dariow - Don't ask, don't tell ;-). Thanks so much for finding your report for me. Looks like I didn't look back far enough. I have a new found respect for ALL cyclists after doing a mountain bike tour in Belize. My hubby and I THOUGHT we were in decent shape. We only did about 16 miles and I'm just glad we made it back alive . Great trip report by the way. Very detailed and informative. I really enjoyed it and jotted down a few things to remember for our trip. I remember seeing way more than 24 really awesome pics so you can still take some of the credit ;-).
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again Fuzzy_Navel?

What parts of Costa Rica are you going?
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:08 AM

Still kicking this one around. Of course the usual: Arenal and Monteverde. Those are givens but we're still trying to decide between Manuel Antonio or Osa. Whichever one we don't do I'm sure we'll be back for. Was leaning towards staying a couple of days in Alajuela and taking some day trips to Sarchi, etc. After reading your report, I've added it to the definite list with Arenal and Monteverde.