please offer suggestions from mexico city to a beach destination in july

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be visiting family in mexico city in july for 2 weeks and would like to incorporate a beach vacation. have never been to mexico. would like an itinerary that includes sights in mexico city and then traveling to a luxury type of resort on the beach,for about a week.thanks
Old May 4th, 2008, 08:00 PM

Check out the new Fiesta Americana Aqua in Cancun. It looks beautiful. Or Maroma, just down the coast from Cancun on the Riviera Maya. Or the new Rosewood Mayakoba or Mandarin Oriental Mayakoba. There are tons of great spots/resorts on the Mayan Riviera.

On the Pacific side of Mexico, the Four Seasons Punta Mita is beautiful as well. I think the Pacific side of Mexico is just a little hotter in July than the Carribbean side, or at least it has been the case for me...
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:49 AM

my suggestion for a more "traditional" mexico beach vacation would be to get to Cancun (NOT stay there), take a ferry over to Isla Mujueres (20 min boat ride over gorgeous turquoise blue water!) and book a room at Villa Rolandi - most luxurious place on the island! (www.villarolandi.com) The hotel will send their private yatch to pick you up from Cancun! (what a way to start a vacation, huh?) It just begins with the private yatch pick-up and gets even better from there. Great service and attention to detail, plus gourmet food (dinner or lunch) included in your room rate..... plus, breakfast delivered to your room every morning...eat on your patio, balcony or in bed! The resort is laid back and quiet - when you are ready for something a lil more "upbeat", get a cab (5.00 -cheap!) to town and try the local hot spots for the freshest seafood anywhere! I love Villa Rolandi (as do many, its the #1 spot on the island and is actually quite affordable for what all is included) and am headed back in 2 weeks - cant wait!
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:51 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Which way would you prefer to go... east coast/Caribbean/Yucatan OR west coast Mazatlan/Puerto Vallarta/Acapulco?
Old May 7th, 2008, 03:23 PM

You must to go to Dreams Cancun Hotel they get a great service; rooms have Vista to the sea, balcony, good locations in Punta Cancun (Hotelzone center). I was last year with my family and my children loved the dolphins. Inside hotel is Delphinus they offer swim with dolphins service with a big pool. My children cannot resist swim with dolphins was a good experience I really enjoyed connection kids and dolphins, laughs and happiness. Delphinus trainers are friendly and care about dolphins in every way.
Dreams Cancun gets pool, tennis court, vollyball field, delicious food and else...
Mexico gets many places to visit and Peninsula is a good decision, has many activities for all family