Placencia Belize, repost about the sale of Kitty's Place

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posted yesterday about the sale of Kitty's Place to a Canadian couple who have renamed it SAKS (from initials of their kids). I'll be there in a couple of weeks and will report back when I return in early September.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:46 PM

Will be looking forward to your report. I enjoyed the food there.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:08 PM

Glad Kitty and Ran finally got the sale. It was on the market for three or four years.

--Lan Sluder
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 07:13 PM

Hi CaymanSue,
I am looking very much forward to hearing how things are after the ownership has changed. I am going to Belize/Placencia end of January with a girlfriend for mainly kayaking, and we are scheduled to stay at Saks for 5 nights, and 1 night at Westwind Hotel, but have the option to switch the entire stay to Westwind. We were a bit surprised after we booked 4 days Monkey River Jungle tour and 6 days kayaking tour (Silk Cayes) with Adventures in Belize to find out both tours are operated by Toadal Adventures, and the 1st night of the Jungle tour is a stay at Westwind Hotel. Do you have any knowledge of Adventures in Belize? Or Toadal Adventures? We sure hope we picked a good company! Any input greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old Oct 8th, 2005, 04:07 PM

WARNING! Do not stay at Saks at Placencia. My husband and I just came back from our honeymoon and stayed 8 nights with Saks. Because of the slow season (and the fact that the new owners have no idea what they are doing) all tours were not available for us. We had to go next door to Turtle Inn for all of our tours. The restaurant was a dissapointing dive (no ambience, little choice, and lacking quality). We also ended up eating all of our meals at Turtle Inn. The only thing that was fine were the accomodations, but if you are looking for a resort do not stay here. It was a depressing wasteland of a beach and their are many other resorts in the area with more livelihood.
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 03:21 AM

Same response and report from my clients who recently honeymooned there. Booked in months before the sale. I gave them the option to book into to another hotel just after the sale. Lets hope the owners figure it out in time, its well located and on a lovely stretch of beach. To Kajakmor-Toadal Adventures is wonderful, they do a great job. I've run rivers with the owner, David Vernon, who is one of the best naturalist/guides in Belize. Silk (or Queen Cayes) are lovely.
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 09:38 AM

kajakmor,
You can't go wrong with Westwind..The owner George is a total sweetheart. Great location, walking to lots of great fook (de'thatch} and nice beach area with covered hammocks to get out of the sun. Easy walk to end of sidewalk where the water tours start from. Very inviting lobby area, stayed there twice, would go back in a heartbeat.