PERCY - questions for you about Acapulco

Old Jan 20th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PERCY - questions for you about Acapulco

Percy,

I have really enjoyed so many of your posts that you have participated in. I have been reading many of them preparing for a trip for my wife and I. We will be making a quick trip to Acapulco (Friday-Sunday) while we are based in Mexico for a month. I'm thinking about staying at Fairmont Princess because we will want to just hang out by the pool/on the beach. With what we'll be doing all week long - relaxation is all we want to do. On Saturday, we would like to go see the cliff divers, maybe a couple other things. Is it possible to get a guide for the day staying all the way out at the Princess? Not interested at all in the party/club scene. Suggestions?
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 04:19 PM

Hi lakeside77

Well the Fairmont is a nice place to hang out and do the beach and pool .

You know that you are away from the downtown area of Acapulco.!!

The Cliff Divers do a show in the afternooon and in the evening.

The evening show is done with torches that are lit and you can see them climbing the side of the rock wall and then diving down with the fire torchs...pretty neat to see.

What you need is a Private Guide and not some tour company.

Here is what you should do:

Call Celso Lopez in Acapulco or send him an e-mail.

He does tours out of one of the local hotel and drives taxi during the evening.

Maybe he only drives taxi now ,wouldn't that be nice.!

He will take you to the Cliff Diver's Show and also give you a tour of Acapulco.

Then on another day , this is what you should do: ( I did this, I made up my own tour !!!)

Tell Celso you want a tour of all the places in Acapulco where tours do not go, the out of the way places.

Boy did I see Acapulco !!!!

We went to watch the sunset over the Pacific.
We drove up into the mountains to see how impoversished the people really are .

We went to the place where Rambo made his first movie, you remember when Stallone fell out of the helicopter and went crashing through the trees.... you will
see the exact spot !!

Then we went to the gravesite of Johnny Weismuller (he is buried in Acapulco you know!)

You know about him, of "Jungle Jim" fame and all those gold medals at the 1932 Olympics.

Then we went through several tunnels and up into the hills for some spectacular views and got caught in the 5 PM traffic rush !!

If Celso is not able to do this ,he will sure know someone who can...He got me a terrific fellow for one of the days ( Jose).

OKay:
his e-mail is:

[email protected]

his cell phone number is(Icalled him last year):
011 -52- 744-128 1320

I assume you are calling from the USA.
then the
011 is your country code.
52 is Celso's country code
744 is Celso's area code
and the 1281320 is his cell number.
Good Luck .

I will e-mail Celso now and tell him that you will be calling or writing.

So mention my name and mention that you are lakeside77 on e-mail

Good Luck

Percy

Old Jan 20th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Thank you soooo much! Your information is amazing. Yes, I'm aware that the Princess is away from the town, and that is fine with us. We're in Mexico for a month, so we will have plenty of time to experience the culture. The weekend in Acapulco is to sit at the pool and see the ocean. Beach bum time - very little physical activity.

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 07:46 PM

Percy,
I wonder if we had the same driver! We stayed at the Princess but spent very little time there. Our taxi driver took us everywhere. We saw the same place that you did where the movie Rambo was shot. It was a pretty area and the boat ride was nice and relaxing.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 11:31 AM

Suzie2

Don't know if it was the same driver but it was fun to go all over Acapulco , just the two of us and the driver.

Yes, each time I see the Rambo movie and see Sylvestor Stallon falling in those trees, I now know exactly where it is.

Take Care
Percy