Search

**Percey**

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2004, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**Percey**

Just wanted to say thanks for all the information you've posted about Oscar - he'll be driving us all over the place next month! I'm looking forward to my trip & to having a local do the driving. Thanks again.
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 05:55 AM
lvk

Alethea,

Have a great trip! I hope you'll post a trip report. I'm thinking of using Oscar too, and will be interested in your itinerary.
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

I will definitely post a trip report when we return! We'll be in CR from May 14-May 30th, so look for it sometime in June.
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 11:44 AM
peg

I just want to say that we used Oscar the week we were there (through Vista del Valle) back in 2001 and he was great. You guys will really enjoy him taking you around. For us, he took us places that we didn't think we would see. He knows all the good spots.
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 06:39 PM

Alethea

I am sure you are going to have great time with Oscar.
Glad that we can all help each other on this board.
Peg told me about Oscar and in turn upon my trip back I thanked her and then told others about Oscar.

Please say hello to him for me.

He has two young children in grade school,a boy and a girl , their names are Favio and Faviola, now isn't that a nice combination of names.

I can e- mail you a picture of him if you want.

you can write to me at [email protected]

Ivk.... you too are thinking of using Oscar, hmmmm, the next time I want to use him ,you people will have him all booked up.!!!!!
Alethea, I will be looking forward to your comments when you get back.
Have a great trip.

Peg...Hi , I will e-mail you next week

Happy Easter to you all

Percy
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 07:19 PM

We just got back at used Oscar to drive us to a couple of places. Newer van, seat belts, c/d player, and he drives very safe and slow. He does know where to stop to eat, each time the food was great. Will be posting our 2 week trip report from airport to Arenal, to Monteverde, to Samara to the Osa Pennisula. The Journal is very detailed and not sure where I should post. Would like to add some pictures too. Any suggestions?
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 07:59 AM

puckett

Will be waiting for your report and how you enjoyed Oscar and also how you went to Osa and Samara.

What did you think of Monteverde.?

Thanks
Percy
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 09:28 PM

Oscar drove us to Arenal from Orquideus Inn. $90 Oscar also picked us up in Monteverde and drove us to Samara. $180. Cost was shared between 2 couples. Flew from Samara to San Jose to Osa on Sanza. Oscar was great! I have my trip report on word, trying to find a good place to put it. Percy any suggestions? Would like to put pictures too. I sometimes put my pictures on Webshots.com but wanted to keep them with the journal.
Old Apr 12th, 2004, 07:50 AM

Puckett,
I just read that you went to Samara. Where did you stay? We were there last year w/out kids(Las Brisas) and are going back this June with a 4 and 6 year old. We are thinking about Villas Playa Samara put can't find anyone who has stayed there-and they don't return e-mail. Las Brisas may be closed for putting on a new roof. Any suggestions?

I am looking forward to reading your trip report.

Old Apr 12th, 2004, 12:11 PM
peg

Puckett:

My thought exactly on the restaurants. On our way to Arenal, he stopped at this little open air roadside place. As we were sitting there enjoying ourselves, a toucan flew in and landed on our table. That was really cool. We walked out back and there were a couple in the trees.

There were a few other restaurants that he recommended and we were never disappointed.
Old Apr 12th, 2004, 01:00 PM

I missed the intro to Oscar! can someone fill me in... I'm going to CR in May... perhap we might use him.
Old Apr 12th, 2004, 02:06 PM

Dear strangeflower,
I sent to the top a couple of old posts about Oscar ("CR- Private Guides", and "Trip Report Part 1&quot.
Please feel free to write me directly for any more information or with any more questions.
Pura Vida,
Neta Talmor
Old Apr 12th, 2004, 03:07 PM

puckette

Glad Oscar came all the way to Monteverde and then drove you to Samara.

Seems like a long way on the map.!'
How are you going transfer from Word onto Fodors.! Can you just copy and then paste the report.?

What was it like flying that small plane from Samara to Osa.!?

I have heard that it is both fun and scary.

Neta thank you for the ttt, you are always so helpful.
Percy