Reload this Page >

Panama vs. Belize vs. Costa Rica?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 09:55 AM
julie

I have been to both Belize and C. R. a few times each and am wondering how Panama compares? Wildlife, friendly, easy to get around? Hoping to hear Ian's comments.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 10:44 AM
sandy

I'm not Ian but I'll jump in . . . I've been to CR twice, Panama once, haven't had the pleasure of Belize yet.<BR><BR>We had a great trip to Panama but it's not as set up for tourists yet as the other two places. We needed Spanish, we were surprised at how few people spoke English (since the USA had such a presence there for such a long time).<BR><BR>There's lots to do/see but we kinda had to search it out for ourselves. We spent time in Panama City (took the boat trip through the canal, among other things),went to the San Blas Islands (overnight trip), David, Boquete (lots of birds but didn't see the elusive quetzal), and El Valle (did the zip line through the trees here and visited the market).<BR><BR>We found flights inexpensive, bus service on time and reliable, taxis dirt cheap in PC. <BR><BR>Hope this helps some and buen viaje,<BR>Sandy

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 01:46 PM
julie

Thanks Sandy for the info. Did you see as much wildlife in Panama as in C. R. Also, I meant &quot;Lan Sluter&quot;, not Ian!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 04:08 PM
sandy

Hi Julie,<BR><BR>No, we didn't see as much wildlife . . . we might not have been in the right areas . . . anyway, I have my journal typed up and would be happy to send it to you if you want . . . just email me at the address above, leaving out the nospam part.<BR><BR>I know there's lots o' wildlife in the Darian . . . but I don't think you'd want to go there.<BR><BR>Sandy