Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Palnning to visit MEXICO for the first time...with 2 yr old!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wondering if I can get some help please!
We have never been to Mexico before but really want to this summer (May/June). We have heard great things. We have an active 2 yr old girl who loves the beach. We enjoy exploring the culture, shoping, and sampling local cuisine (good idea??).

Thanks a whole lot!
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 03:53 PM

I highly recommend one of the all-inclusives in Playa del Carmen, which is about 45 minutes south of Cancun. The area is lovely and not all built up with high rises like Cancun, and it is a great area for families. We stayed at the Iberostar Tucan and loved it, It has a wonderful pool and beach, children's activities and has a jungle between the sides of the resort (One side is called the Tucan and the other the Quetzel). The food is good, and with kids all inclusive really is a great way to go.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 03:27 PM

Normally, I'd recommend the Bahia Principe Tulum resort to you but have had some problems recently. For further info on this resort, click on Latin America, Mexico, then type in Bahia Principe Tulum. This resort has suffered in the last year or so. Sorry, I'm not much help but all our kids are grown so we stick to the adult resorts. Just wanted to let you know about the Bahia Principe just in case someone recommends this to you. Have fun!
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 05:10 AM

If you go to an AI resort and are interested in the kids program, check the age minimum, many are 4+, but some do take 2 year olds.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 05:40 AM

I would expect you would have a great time. We took our kids to Oaxaca at 2 and 3 and they loved it. In fact they have been going back for almost 15 years now. Watch the sun, be a little careful about the food the first time and have fun.