Notices

One week in Belize City??

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Anne

One week in Belize City??

We're planning an 8 night trip to Belize in April... I reserved a room at the Radisson in Belize City and plan on taking day trips from there... practical, or should I be on one of the cayes?

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 01:41 PM
x

you don't want to stay in belize city. it is not comfortable for waundering around especially after dark. stay on one of the cayes for a few days and stay in hopkins or san ignacio and do day trips from there.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 01:53 PM
LOver

No, no and no. Please.
Belize city for one or two nights maximum There are so many wonderful places in this country.
Do the text search under Belize and you will find some great ideas

Let us know

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Susan

I agree with the above posts. Belize City is not an attractive place - you'd be better off splitting your time between a couple of other destinations. It's a small country, so you don't need a lot of time to go from point A to point B, but you wouldn't want to spend a whole week in the city.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 02:46 AM
Lan Sluder

Agree with everyone else. You'll enjoy yourself much more outside Belize City. You could do a surf 'n turf -- half your time on Ambergris Caye and half in Cayo (western Belize).

--Lan Sluder

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:33 PM
Anne

Thanks so much for each of your responses... I cancelled our reservations in BC and booked in Ambergris Caye... really looking forward to the trip... Thanks again, Anne