occidental allegro papagayo

Mar 2nd, 2003, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

occidental allegro papagayo

I am leaving March 31 for a week. Need suggestions on which room locations would be best and tips on side tours. Any point in renting a vehicle or is it best to go with a guide. Want to see Tabacon hot springs. Love to horseback ride hike, bike, snorkel also. Any horses nearby? How are the rooms and food? Any tips appreciated.
Mar 2nd, 2003, 03:32 PM

Lisa,
If you are talking about the Allegro Papagayo in Guancaste, Costa Rica, then I recommend a room near the stairs leading to the pool and restaurant. I was there this past August. That will save you a lot of walking uphill. It's a nice place and there is plenty to do there. Try the horseback riding tour to Los Inocentes. If you're a scuba diver then arrange for trips using Bill Beard's Diving Safaris. You won't be disappointed.

I went to the Tabacon Resort in Arenal before I arrived at the Allegro in Guanacaste. The Tabacon is fun, although I didn't enjoy the "hot soup" of the springs as much as my fellow travelers. It has lots of spa treatments to choose from as well as a number of tours. I took a horseback riding tour to La Fortuna waterfalls and that was great.

I posted a lengthy trip report called, Trip Report, Costa Rica, Aug. '02, Part I (the other parts are contained in that post.)

Good luck.
Jay
Mar 2nd, 2003, 06:25 PM

Hi Lisa:
I tried to post a trip report I had sent to me but I think it is too large. You can view it at: http://www.costaricamapguide.com/fs_public.htm Just enter the forum and scroll down to Karen Audet's Allegro Papagayo Trip Report
Diving Safaris are no longer at the resort but can be reached at 672-0012 Ask for Bobbi Joe or Earl. They are the best Dive Shop around
Good Luck
Mar 2nd, 2003, 06:32 PM

As of August 2002, Bill Beard's Diving Safari's while not located at the Allegro Papagayo resort did pick up divers from there. I believe that outfit has a dive shop in a neighboring resort called Sol Playa Hermosa.
Mar 2nd, 2003, 07:10 PM

Yes we will pick up at Allegro although at the present time we don't have a dive shop there. We are located now on the 2nd beach access going into Playa Hermosa. I work with Earl.
Mike